Hi,

Bit of a noob question...

I have a Squire Strat and the neck on it has a satin finish. However, it feels sticky and I'm wondering what the best way would be to cure this. I've been thinking about sanding it but have only seen people sanding necks that have gloss finishes. Would I be OK to sand an already satin finished neck? If not, what else could I try?
Quote by Explorerbuilder
You sure it is satin? I have never seen or heard of a squire having a satin finish.

My Affinity has a satin neck, but then again I have a Squier II with a gloss neck.

TS, what do you mean by sticky? Like your hand catches while playing or the finish actually has a tacky adhesive feel?
Invader Jim

The neck is very smooth but my hand sweats whilst playing (like everyones does) and it starts sticking to the neck as I'm moving up and down it. I'd just like to know if there's anything that can be done to combat it?
I'm not sure a re-finish or something like that would help, since it's already a satin finish. I've heard of gloss necks being a problem for this but not satin. You could try some of that Finger-Ease string lubricant stuff that you spray on strings/fretboards. That stuff is pretty slick. Just spray on the back of the neck.

Quote by Invader Jim
I'm not sure a re-finish or something like that would help, since it's already a satin finish. I've heard of gloss necks being a problem for this but not satin. You could try some of that Finger-Ease string lubricant stuff that you spray on strings/fretboards. That stuff is pretty slick. Just spray on the back of the neck.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.