This is a really quick demo I made in like 10 minutes just to see how my timing was.
Was wondering if I could get some advice on the timing, I need to work on the rhythm a bit, I know it's a bit sloppy just needed a bit of advice.

https://soundcloud.com/anthony-la-rocca-3/demo-better-timing
Don’t look up at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I can never do that." Look at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I’m going to do that!"
Not too bad,
I'd really suggest buying a metronome, or just getting a metronome app on your phone, or a click track and playing along with it. That way the beat is accentuated and isn't lost in the cymbals etc, and you'll be able to follow the timing a lot easier.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Not too bad,
I'd really suggest buying a metronome, or just getting a metronome app on your phone, or a click track and playing along with it. That way the beat is accentuated and isn't lost in the cymbals etc, and you'll be able to follow the timing a lot easier.

I did use a metronome....
Don’t look up at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I can never do that." Look at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I’m going to do that!"
Not terrible

Better than this piece of shit some sent me:
WARNING: SEVERELY PAINFUL TIMING AND TUNING

A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by thesanchez101
I did use a metronome....

Good Then keep practicing and you'll nail it!

EDIT: My god Pasta, did they just put four different musicians in a room and told them to play whatever?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Jun 25, 2016,
Quote by i_lovemetallica

EDIT: My god Pasta, did they just put four different musicians in a room and told them to play whatever?

No, they think they are actually a band
The synth player needs to shift pitch, the drummer needs to actually provide a beat, the saxophone and trombone need to synchronise and the bass player went off on his own ages ago
But that God awful trombone solo hurts my brain and ears, no timing, and all the pitches are out
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Didn't even get to the trombone solo, I was suffering major blood loss from the ears.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by ehbacon
I see that you stole Foo Fighters The Colour and Shape art

My fav album Only picture I could find on my desktop that fit lol
Quote by i_lovemetallica

Yeh it's just hard to hear the metronome over the drums, I connected my phone to a speaker to make the metronome louder but I still struggle. I guess I just need more practice like you said and then maybe one day I'll be the next Dave Grohl
Practice without the drums using only the metronome. Because otherwise like I said, the beat may get drowned out amongst the other percussion.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Practice without the drums using only the metronome. Because otherwise like I said, the beat may get drowned out amongst the other percussion.
You mean the guitar ? I record the drums first (over a metronome) and then use the drums as a metronome for the guitar. I can already play guitar over a metronome pretty well
Yeah, practice your guitar with the metronome only, and same with the drums, once you have both of them down pat, you should be able to combine them.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
i_lovemetallica hopefully, alright thanks dude, I'll come back if I have any more problems
That Progger thing doesn't sound even vaguely incoherent. I'm finding it hard to hear many timing problems, too, asides from the odd pull on the vamp in the first and second sections. And maybe it's a result of listening to dissonant shit, but they don't sound that out of tune at all except for the end.

Did someone in this band fuck your girlfriend or something?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Jun 25, 2016,
I thought your timing was much better now. What you played sounded very raw in a good way.

...and the Progger thing, besides being not my cup of tea at all, had no problems with timing. Guys obviously knew what they were doing. I listened only 2 minutes, though.
Quote by korinaflyingv
there is literally nothing wrong with this wtf are you on about. except that horrible pitch shifted solo at the end.

Quote by Banjocal
That Progger thing doesn't sound even vaguely incoherent. I'm finding it hard to hear many timing problems, too, asides from the odd pull on the vamp in the first and second sections. And maybe it's a result of listening to dissonant shit, but they don't sound that out of tune at all except for the end.

Did someone in this band fuck your girlfriend or something?

Both of you need to focus a bit more, especially on the trombonist, he's out of time with the saxophonist when they play together, and his solo is horrendously both out of time and the notes aren't at pitch, they're falling short of where he wants to hit.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Banjocal
That Progger thing doesn't sound even vaguely coherent

yeah
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
during my brief time playing guitar in a ska band the bassist would constantly forget how to play his stuff and stare at me like i could help him while making a face like a small child would when hes lost his mother at the supermarket.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by thesanchez101
Yeh it's just hard to hear the metronome over the drums, I connected my phone to a speaker to make the metronome louder but I still struggle. I guess I just need more practice like you said and then maybe one day I'll be the next Dave Grohl
Try using a set of over-ear headphones. Preferably noise-cancelling ones.
They'll help you hear the metronome while you play.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
theogonia777
Its structure leaves a lot to be desired but the sections are quite clearly defined, is what I mean. It's hardly a free jazz ensemble.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
let's be real though it's a stretch to call them an ensemble when half of them are playing one song and the other half is playing a different song
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I disagree, but if that's what you think it is then ok
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by sam b
Awful.

cheers
Quote by thesanchez101
cheers

That is the correct response to Sam b
A poem.
Quote by yoman297