Hello everyone, I haven't been on here for a while and that was when I was new so hi

I'm a classical baritone, I have been taking lessons for about six months. When I hit A#4 I am in head voice and b4 is the highest I can go. I love power metal so its a real shame I'm not a tenor but I have been playing for 4 years. By the way I'm 19.

I wish I could sing like Roy Khan from Kamelot, he's a tenor, I have tried covering "Karma" but in the chorus I go into head voice and I sound quite feminine. I have perfect pitch as well but insofar as singing high, I can't do. I have about three octaves as I can go quite low.

I know I should listen to my teacher, but I want people's opinion, could a baritone sing power metal?
I'd say the world is starving for a good baritone that can sing Metal and break out from the herd. Here is one good example:
#t=73
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Hi kingoffretboard, I'm a baritone as well and my chest range is only C2 to E4. What I've learned online from videos is that we're able to train our head voice to sound less feminine. Here's a video that i think will definitely help:
Last edited by davidlwl94 at Jun 26, 2016,
This isn't power metal, but you might really enjoy this:

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks everyone for the advice but Cajundaddy, I do appreciate your advice but Geoff Tate is actually a lyric baritone which means he can hit up to A#4 in chest voice, whereas my teasitura is lower.

I shall use my voice to make I write music epic