Howdy folks. First I wanted to say that this is my first post and I really don't know much about the mechanics of guitars. So there's that.
I recently bought a Washburn Festival and after researching I've set the action and intonation. Everything sounds good to me except when the guitar is amplified the A and D strings are very muted. There is some sound but the other strings are much louder and more crisp. It sounds great when it is not amplified. Any suggestions??
Welcome lulu.

If the pickup is an under-saddle piezo (acronym UST) it might simply be a dud. Some types are very sensitive to the contact between the UST and the bottom of the saddle slot and/or bottom of the saddle. Poor contact between the UST and the guitar can therefore cause symptoms such as yours, and can be due to things like a non-level slots or saddle, or even dirtor wood shavings in the slot.

I would take it to a tech.
Quote by luluvantuckett
...[ ]....I recently bought a Washburn Festival and after researching I've set the action and intonation....[ ]....
If as you say, "you've set the action", there is a very distinct possibility that the bottom of the saddle is not, dead flat & straight, and/or, the bottom of the saddle is not at true a true right angle with the vertical faces.

This is pretty much what Tony said, (but specific to the part you tampered with), just differently worded. It takes a fair amount of patience, not to mention a flat plate glass surface and straightedge, to get those saddles dead on true.
Quote by Tony Done
. . . . Poor contact between the UST and the guitar (saddle) can therefore cause symptoms such as yours, and can be due to things like a non-level slots or saddle, or even dirtor wood shavings in the slot.. . .

Hello & Welcome

In my experience poor contact between UST and saddle base is almost always the cause of volume imbalance across the strings.

You can do an easy fix using self-hardening model clay available from craft shops. See here for the method:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/guitar/acapella-42/1317111-