First tube amp, Mesa Boogie Stiletto, came in shipped with a few tubes broken. Eventually I would have to replace them anyway, but since the time has come now I am finding myself not exactly knowing where to go to buy them. Any recommendations on good websites to go to for US shipments? And also another concern, what tubes should I get for my Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce I? Replace the stock, or try different ones? Anyone have experience with this amp and trying other tubes? Or links to other forums with this specific question? That would be extremely helpful.

Thanks
As far as tube preference, I personally like JJs, but I don't have much experience with the Stiletto, so take that with a grain of salt. However, check out The Tube Store. They have a lot of great information, popular amp packages, which may give you a great starting point.

http://www.thetubestore.com/
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
JJs sound great in my Stiletto. Some people just stick with the stock Mesa relabeled tubes. I've used Tube Depot lately. I've also used Eurotubes.com as well, they only sell JJs. Shop around for the best prices.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
If you bought it new the tubes should be covered by warranty. Maybe you bought it second-hand, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
colinromusic3

Mesa uses color codes on their factory tubes so you get replacements with the same bias. Using Tube Depo or The Tube Store direct you can get personalized service so you can be sure the new ones are a good match for your amp. I never bought tubes off Reverb but this is pretty important so check with them to get a good bias match. Keep your good old ones as spares in case you need to replace one on the fly somewhere.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jun 28, 2016,
broken as in broken glass? or just not working?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by colinromusic3
Yes, unfortunately I risked getting it used.

yeah i figured if the fix was as easy as just sending it back you'd have already thought of that
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think the shipping co. should take care of the damage, or maybe talk to the seller?
Did all the tubes break?
Mesa uses color coded as already said and I've had great success just changing them through their tube color rating system, but you can always experiment with different tubes.
I use thetubestore.com for over 10 years and haven't had a single complaint.
its a bitch to get the tubes out of the sockets if the bases that are stuck in there. you could easily fry yourself if you don't know what you are doing.

contact the seller, shipping company, and you may be best off just taking it to a tech.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I was gifted the Stiletto. Unfortunately My Uncle bought it through a seller online with no warranty or return policy. The tubes glass is not actually broken. Its just half power and certain filaments do not glow at all in certain tubes when the amp is running. Ive been reading that JJ el34 are good replacements for the Stiletto stock el34 so i bought those to start.
and where do i find the color on to go off of on the stock tubes? is it black? that would not make much sense because the JJ's are red on the top
Printed on the base. This one is blue:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Mesa-Boogie/EL-34-STR-447-Amp-Tubes-Duet.gc

Their color codes simply ensure a good match for each other and your amplifier's fixed bias setting. No correlation between Mesa color code and JJ color.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
TubeDepot.com for Tubes - and Light bulbs!

You really ought to talk to an amp tech when your doing amp work (just to get some empirical guidance), but it's pretty cut and dry to replace tubes. Most tubes just pull right out.

And congrats on the Stiletto. Those are BAMF amps.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204