Page 1 of 4
Is it just being yourself and not caring what others think? or is it listening to punk music?
Don’t look up at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I can never do that." Look at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I’m going to do that!"
It's knowing what this thing is *-)
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.

edit: fuck the new URL/video embedding not letting me start it at 45 seconds
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Jun 26, 2016,
I thought it was shoving safety pins in your nose and ripping your clothes to showcase your "individuality" with other people who coincidentally did the same thing.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
i_lovemetallica isnt that being a poser lol
Don’t look up at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I can never do that." Look at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I’m going to do that!"
Tomayto, tomahto.....

Personally, my opinion, the Punk ideology is fucking stupid, the whole no rules, anarchy schtick. But they made some pretty interesting music.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
As metallica is saying.... To the best of my recall, punk had to do with piercing, funny hair, and being unable to sing or play the guitar.

I actually recall reading a quote from back then about the attitude towards the guitar... "It should be like you were walking along the street, and found a guitar, and picked it up and started to play....With no knowledge of how to do so."

Not my cup of tea at all... But many seemed to be "influenced" by the movement. Raw expression of angst...That sort of thing.
I've been called a little punk stirring shit in relationships and shit falling for and shit when I was 16 and shit, in Brixton. When I went to Coulsdon College.
I don't think I looked like one but I was me and in love and was a little hell raiser with men and their partners looking back if not trying to stop alternate girls from offing themselves and spouting off love this way the other among drugs and blood in Streatham High Road/Streatham Common, all in the name of peace, love guitar and Jimi Hendrix and incense sticks, also, when I was 16...

Life.

IDK, Punk's just an expression of a feeling or an identity given for looking a certain way or acting; But I'm not a punk. littlepunkcallmealittlepunk.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Jun 26, 2016,
punk to me was the late 70's early 80's. There was a thing with some punks about being a straightedge while looking like their lives were completely screwed up. I guess this was about rebelling against the rebellion. I don't see punks these days as being real punks. you had to be around when it happened. kinda like real hippies
Last edited by mattedbird at Jun 26, 2016,
now i don't see many punks around here where i live, but i was a big fan of hardcore punk, stuff like sick of it all, agnostic front, madball, terror, first suicidal tendencies album, etc.

i loved the attitude they had, but after going to some shows i just stay away from it and just listen to the music while working out

the bands were awesome, but between the younger fans i rarely see any atittude or dedication to anything at all, just a competition of who has more holes in their head or tattoos

i am not against body customisation, but fuck that, that's not what hardcore is about, no strenght at all, just shallowness, insecurity, laziness and constant bitching
Being punk means everyone's gotta know that you don't care what others think. Make sure everyone sees it.
Free Ali
Being punk means being a piece of piss who takes not being taken seriously as something to take seriously.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Probably the closest thing we have today is people that are openly racist or homophobic.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jun 26, 2016,
Or pretty much anything that organizes social justice warriors into frothing at the mouth social media mobs I would call a modern day equivalent to punk.
Quote by EyeNon15
Probably the closest thing we have today is people that are openly racist or homophobic.
you're thinking of pukes
Quote by neidnarb11890
EyeNon15
spoken like a person who knows literally nothing about punk.

Nah you are just proving my point.
By all means though, give us a lecture on what it really means
EyeNon15
what's your favorite punk band?
I am not gonna lecture, 'cuz I got more important things to do & also you are a piece of shit & I hate you.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Jun 26, 2016,
Quote by neidnarb11890
EyeNon15
I am not gonna lecture, 'cuz I got more important things to do & also you are I piece of shit & I hate you.

I don't have a favorite punk band because its absolutely horrid music. At the time it was great because the music was just raw anger and testerone. But way heavier stuff has come out since then. I'd rather have my ears ripped off than to listen to a godamn sex pistols playlist. It's shit.

I can still listen to later bands that I don't call punk, suicidal tendencies is still good but like I said I don't call that punk.
you have to wear a Ramones t-shirt while shopping for groceries at Walmart and also while driving your minivan with 5 kids in the backseats...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

you can't be punk unless you wear studded bracelets.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
punk before hardcore was mostly weak and dumb tbh

i don't know why i feel so dry
dont listen to anyone except neidarb and eastwinn.

even tho theyre clearly disagreeing about something rn.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
So I'll ask the punk historians here.
What is the closest thing today's society has to mid/late 70s punk scenes?
It cant be anything that has to do with music.
the punk scene is fragmented into a bunch of different sub genres and has been for a while.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
ok
Quote by neidnarb11890
EyeNon15
I am not gonna lecture, 'cuz I got more important things to do & also you are a piece of shit & I hate you.

damn this is so punk

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by EyeNon15
Yeh tough talk on the internet is fucking edgy
says this guy
Quote by neidnarb11890
wow eastwinn

i'm obviously talking shit cause i like a lot of post-punk and new wave, but like 85% of all the music i listen to is either hardcore, derived from hardcore, or heavily influenced by hardcore. it's actually pretty disappointing how unvaried my tastes are.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I think it's asking exotic brown-skinned people to see their thighs.
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
the punk scene is fragmented into a bunch of different sub genres and has been for a while.

skatepunk/badreligioncore was the low point of music let's get that outta the way right now

I'm legit perplexed as to what EyeNon is even saying.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Page 1 of 4