Hi

Looking to buy an electric used or new for £500-600. I currently have a Jackson dk2m which I really like but I am looking for a fixed bridge as I don't want any tuning hassles and looking for a guitar that will have no tuning stability issues. It took me some time to get stability on the Jackson so that's why looking for a fixed bridge.

Requirements:
Music style: rock, metal and I do appreciate cleans so no to emgs
Shape: open to any but would like single cut
Neck: really like the maple on Jackson but not so fussed. I do like thin necks though like Jackson.
Fingerboard: again like the maple board but open to any here. Actually would like to try ebony or rosewood.
Pups: not emg
Bridge: fixed preferred but if it's floating it's fine as long as it doesn't go out of tune regularly.
I am based in UK.

Although I do like the Jackson, i think it would be good to have a different style of guitar so I am thinking either a single cut for heavy rhythms or then a single coil sort for lead playing. Jackson currently I have seems like best of both.

Thanks
The Sensei HB would be great.
https://www.vintageandmodernguitars.co.uk/product/reverend-sensei-hb-flame-maple/

The Sensei RA might be better, if you like downtuning.
http://www.reverendguitars.com/instrument/sensei-ra/

I also think others in their product line would work, but their aesthetics are love/hate. I'll leave it to you.

I would also recommend you check out the prices & availability of guitars from Fret-King (esp. the Ventura or their singlecuts), Electra (esp. their Omega line), Godin and Fernandes (especially the Ravelle).
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 26, 2016,
Why not just block off the bridge of the Jackson?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
If your guitar uses a proper Floyd Rose trem there's no way it should be going out of tune. If it has a Floyd Rose Special of a licensed Floyd then that will be why you have tuning issues. A DK2M Pro is at the top of your budget and has a real Floyd Rose bridge so will be more stable that anything else.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I have no issues with tuning stability on dk2m as it's now properly setup. So I'm just looking to buy a new guitar not as a replacement to dk2m but just like that. I did have issues with setup initially but now it stays in tune after whammy use. I am interested in fixed bridge due to the flexibility over using various tunings. Hope that clears things up.
^ aye if you're keeping the DK2m then there's no problem. finding a single-cut with a jackson-style neck might be difficult, though. some of the ESP/LTDs might have more modern necks, though, they might be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
jackson neck, single cut, and hartail. don't know the price for you over the pond though.

http://jacksonguitars.com/series/pro-series/models/pro-series-monarkh-sc-ebony-fingerboard-gloss-black/
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ oof i guess i should keep up with newer models better
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ oof i guess i should keep up with newer models better
It needs a less gag-inducing headstock.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Thanks guys. Any other brands I should also look at? And any specific guitars of those brands?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It needs a less gag-inducing headstock.

I like the headstock, but I'd agree it doesn't really suit that style of guitar.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?