Poll: Do you like like buttons on UG?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like like buttons on UG?
Yeah they're cool
65 49%
No thank you
68 51%
Voters: 133.
Page 1 of 7
or ?

Should we get with the times of current social media and validation response, or should we keep our traditional forum values?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I feel such things could be used for bullying, and so my initial reaction is "hell yeah". But since other people will be able to use this means to express their opinions, no.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Keep the traditional values. Also I accidentaly clicked yeah on the poll but I meant no. Fuck.
I have nothing important to say
god damn it I'll delete my thread

wait can we delete threads you locked before I had the chance

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at Jun 27, 2016,
20 posts per page is far more important

It doesnt matter to the shitposters but I think it would be useful in the gear forums. Good advice will be liked and upvoted and then dummies get disliked. Easier to figure out what is good advice and what is shit advice
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I appreciate the irony that, like the EU referendum, the site mods don't actually have to listen to a thing we say
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
But yeah we should also poll outside the pit. Monkeys arent a great gauge for the rest of the forum
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Banjocal
I appreciate the irony that, like the EU referendum, the site mods don't actually have to listen to a thing we say

this forum is for you guys, so we should know if you like features or not

but yeah, it's not like you can "quit" and create zone without likes =)
Last edited by Shura_FYI at Jun 27, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It doesnt matter to the shitposters but I think it would be useful in the gear forums. Good advice will be liked and upvoted and then dummies get disliked. Easier to figure out what is good advice and what is shit advice
This is true.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I for one think that this may be a brave new frontier in UG history
Or a dumb one, I say we give it a while and see

As long as it doesn't lead to a "kudos" system like on lame forms, where users compete for a high number. Probably leads to pandering and the worst type of shitposting.

The consequence is that we no longer need to post a message to agree with, +1 or a post
Is this a good thing or will it inhibit posting?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Have it everywhere but the pit then
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Hydra150
I for one think that this may be a brave new frontier in UG history
Or a dumb one, I say we give it a while and see

As long as it doesn't lead to a "kudos" system like on lame forms, where users compete for a high number. Probably leads to pandering and the worst type of shitposting.

The consequence is that we no longer need to post a message to agree with, +1 or a post
Is this a good thing or will it inhibit posting?

People will still post +1 if they want to add to a point. I think its fine
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by JackSaints
Keep the traditional values. Also I accidentaly clicked yeah on the poll but I meant no. Fuck.

You sure it wasn't a protest vote that you now regret?
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by Shura_FYI
but yeah, it's not like you can "quit" and create zone without likes =)
ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

Seriously though, so long as it doesn't devolve into the sort of situations you get on Facebook where rational thought is "outvoted" in certain cliques/communities (for example, I see the Brexit or USA2016 threads suffering from it), it should be fine

and we can shun people who like their own posts
Last edited by Banjocal at Jun 27, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
But yeah we should also poll outside the pit. Monkeys arent a great gauge for the rest of the forum
someone put a thread with a link to this thread in a few of the bigger gear forums and the Site Suggestions forum

Best to keep the discussion in one place

I'd do it but I'm out using the mobile site and its raining on me
Quote by Hydra150
someone put a thread with a link to this thread in a few of the bigger gear forums and the Site Suggestions forum

Best to keep the discussion in one place

I'd do it but I'm out using the mobile site and its raining on me

Ill do it when im back from my lunch break
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Yeah I thought about the same for the music theory threads in MT. Also in more serious threads in the Pit I often cba to actually post but I agree with posts sometimes and I don't want to just post "" in a serious thread when I have nothing to add.
Quote by MinterMan22
20 posts per page is far more important
yea
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
The Pit should just secede from the rest of UG anyway.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
40 ppp is superior
Absolutely right.
As long as there is no Dislike button introduced then I'm ok with this

Don't try make this place like the columns, it's a different crowd and we aim for more considered discussion.
That sounds like a terrible idea. Great way to undermine the likelihood of having interesting conversations.

edit - changed my mind... just no dislike buttons
Last edited by Aeolian Harmony at Jun 27, 2016,
You can still have conversations. If likes matter so much that youre afraid of saying something thats your problem, not the site or the system.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
That sounds like a terrible idea. Great way to undermine the likelihood of having interesting conversations.

edit - changed my mind... just no dislike buttons
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You can still have conversations. If likes matter so much that youre afraid of saying something thats your problem, not the site or the system.

It's not fear or anxiety so much as placing value on making socially desirable statements and avoiding undesirable ones.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
It's not fear or anxiety so much as placing value on making socially desirable statements and avoiding undesirable ones.

Which is better for all of the site that isnt the pit
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Which is better for all of the site that isnt the pit

Yeah, that's fair. S&L could use the option, I think.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Yeah, that's fair. S&L could use the option, I think.

Yeah i agree with that for sure. S&L should be excluded as well
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Hell no. Do we really need discussions here to get more circlejeeky than they already are? I get enough of people whoring for likes/upvotes/favorites/etc. on other sites.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Hell no. Do we really need discussions here to get more circlejeeky than they already are? I get enough of people whoring for likes/upvotes/favorites/etc. on other sites.

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by necrosis1193

I'm going to write a text response here to tell you that I agree with this sentiment.
oh they already did it?

brb, gonna like all of my own posts.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by necrosis1193
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Aeolian Harmony
I'm going to write a text response here to tell you that I agree with this sentiment.

These are my people
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
people whoring for likes/upvotes/favorites/etc. on other sites.

This is what I'm afraid of
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I voted yes just for the hell of it, but I'll demand a recount if we actually get one