it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I've never had it

"taffy" sounds like an adjective made up by Douglas Admans

is it salty
Last edited by Banjocal at Jun 27, 2016,
Its okay. Hurts my jaw after a while though
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jun 27, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Its okay. Hurts my jaw after a while though

I'm starting to think 'salt water taffy' is something to do with oral.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm starting to think 'salt water taffy' is something to do with oral.

Well you do put it in your mouth...
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
salt water taffy is great
theres a candy store close to where I will be living that has a giant section dedicated to taffy (;

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Banjocal
I've never had it

is it salty

Douglas Admans.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Douglas

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
I've never had it

is it salty

It's sweet and chewy. I'm kind of meh on it.
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
YES! Especially when you go in those little shops that make it in-house and you get it fresh!
I love it and it's been far too long since I last had it
I have nothing important to say
All taffy is good.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
If it's some good stuff yeah, usually I'll get some from a stand it's being made at.

I prefer laffy taffy if I'm buying a major brand.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 27, 2016,
I like a bit from time to time, especially if you can go to an old fashioned candy company that makes it fresh. While it does contain both salt and water it does not contain saltwater (seawater) go figure.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

can't say I've ever tried it
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
reminds me of trips to Estes Park CO. not sure why it was such a big deal when we went there, but it was
I like taffy and just ordered some because of this thread
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Toffee is a different thing entirely.
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
Quote by matt bickerton
Why don't you yanks just call it toffee like normal people

Yup because they are the exact same thing, Normal indeed!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 28, 2016,
The pier in Santa Cruz, California
There is one particular store that sells this kick ass salt water taffy.
Been years since I have been there, but last time I went, I bought like 5lbs of the stuff.
Quote by stratkat
Food's never been the UK's strong point.

You assholes did this. You have absolutely no moral authority when it comes to food.
Taffy: Taffy is made by stretching or pulling a sticky mass of boiled sugar, butter or vegetable oil, flavorings, and coloring until it becomes aerated (meaning that tiny air bubbles are produced, resulting in a light, fluffy and chewy candy. When this process is complete, the taffy is rolled, cut into small colored pieces and wrapped in wax paper to keep it soft.

Toffee: The process of making toffee requires the boiling of ingredients (sugar & butter mostly) until the mix is stiff enough to be pulled into a shape which holds and has a glossy surface. The resulting mixture will typically be poured into a shallow tray and allowed to cool to form a slab…often sticky to a hard, brittle material. A brown color, and smoky taste, is imparted to the toffee by the caramelization of the sugars.

It's basically just soft toffee. Hardly a 'different thing entirely'.
Last edited by matt bickerton at Jun 29, 2016,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41-wOwfw3TL.jpg

You assholes did this. You have absolutely no moral authority when it comes to food.

Oh wow, I forgot you could get 8 oz of cheese in a can, I wonder if you can get high off it like whip-its.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 29, 2016,
Quote by stratkat

Oh wow, I forgot you could get 8 oz of cheese in a can, I wonder if you can get high off it like whip-its.

It kept hiding my text, I'll try resizing?

i think i tried it once with my friends when i was 15.

didn't work.

ended up using it to draw a giant cheese dick in the middle of the road.

i mean, were we supposed to eat it?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by matt bickerton
Taffy: Taffy is made by stretching or pulling a sticky mass of boiled sugar, butter or vegetable oil, flavorings, and coloring until it becomes aerated (meaning that tiny air bubbles are produced, resulting in a light, fluffy and chewy candy. When this process is complete, the taffy is rolled, cut into small colored pieces and wrapped in wax paper to keep it soft.

Toffee: The process of making toffee requires the boiling of ingredients (sugar & butter mostly) until the mix is stiff enough to be pulled into a shape which holds and has a glossy surface. The resulting mixture will typically be poured into a shallow tray and allowed to cool to form a slab…often sticky to a hard, brittle material. A brown color, and smoky taste, is imparted to the toffee by the caramelization of the sugars.

But they don't even remotely taste the same, although soft toffee sounds good AF!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by slapsymcdougal

Cheese in a can not our best effort for sure. TBH it is great when someone passes out drunk at a party and you squirt a big glob of it in their mouth!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 29, 2016,
Quote by matt bickerton

it tastes completely different
taffy is not like starburst at all
well it's db's word against yours so

it's basically like starburst
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
i mean maybe taffy could be like starburst if it sat around in a drawer for 10 years.

generally never that fruity tho.

closest other sweet i could compare it to is probably nougat, but not as soft.

i guess.
Cheese in a can is a cardinal sin
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster