So I have an ESP EC 331 with active pickups and I've started to get that lifeless dead tone that you usually get when your battery dies so I replaced the 9v battery and the tone hasn't changed. I know for a fact it's my guitar because I tried a different guitar on my amp and it sounded fine. So what might be the problem? From what I can see everything looks fine and I haven't been messing with anything I shouldn't. The tine I get even stays the same when I completely take out the battery. Are my pickups broken. I hope not because I don't have any my money right now and my mom wouldn't be too keen on splashing out €100-€200 on new EMGs. I can always bring my guitar to a local store tomorrow but I'd rather check if there's a way I can fix this myself. Please help!
Check that the switch isn't dirty.

Check that the positive and negative wires for the battery aren't broken. They sometimes break inside the clip.

Check the same wires at the output jack.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Sounds like a wire problem. I had my 9V connector break on me too a while back.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Would a guitar engineer at my local store be able to fix this problem if it's a 9v connector breakage?
Or it may be an output problem as the output jack is kind of loose since some parts fell off it but I still have them around.
A guitar 'engineer'? That's a pretty liberal use of the term.

Check anything that you think could be causing the problem. Whether it be the jack, the switch, anything. The problem could be caused by any one of a number of things. We cannot know unless the guitar is literally right in front of us, so the only thing you can do is inspect the guitar's electronics yourself. If some components of the jack are missing, that could very well be the cause. Investigate that. Use your initiative. You don't need to pay anyone, especially with something so simple as the output jack missing parts.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 27, 2016,
You need to make sure the cable plugs fully into the jack in order to engage the battery in the circuit.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
clean out the switch. check the battery clip. check to make sure the jack is making proper contact. (all has already mentioned)

try another new battery. i have had DOA batteries before. or check the battery with a meter. that is the easiest.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/