Hey all.

I have two electric guitars (strat style) - one is a Fender Squier and the other I think is a cheapy Jay Turser bargain make. I have fitted both with exactly the same pickup in the bridge position (Seymour Duncan Sh-4 humbucker).

However the distortion sound on the cheapy strat is lovely - really crisp and sharp sounding through the SH-4 pickup, but on the Squire strat - it sounds fuzzy and not as sharp or crisp at all.

Is it the pots maybe?

Need help solving this one as ideally I want the squier to sound crips and sharp like the cheapy one.

Thanks!
StevieJKMaybe you could try adjusting the height of the pickup? It could affect the tone in quite a drastic way
Last edited by H8ed H3r0 at Jun 28, 2016,
Quote by H8ed H3r0
StevieJKMaybe you could try adjusting the height of the pickup? It could affect the tone in quite a drastic way

I'd check the pickup height then maybe the wiring/soldering, could posibbly be a bad pot or switch but check the wiring first.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge