Slow walkers or people who stand in the middle of the walkway/sidewalk...

Poll: Who are scummier as people?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who are scummier as people?
The impressive lack of acceleration of the Slow Walkers
14 29%
The impressive lack of awareness of the Stop Talkers.
35 71%
Voters: 49.
Page 2 of 2
Both of them should be equally reviled and shamed.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Slow walkers are one of my biggest pet peeves.

It's always the slowest ones that also somehow impressively manage to take up the entirety of the pavement so you can't get past them. I just want to punch them in the back of the head.
I worry that slow walkers might be zombies.

Not really, I just wish they were, and I had a chainsaw, so they'd get what they deserve
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Here's the fact: a lot of people are physically disabled, or infirm. Those people can't walk well sometimes and struggle to even walk at all. Cut them some slack, dicks. There is a big difference between somebody doing the best they can and only being able to walk slow, and a person who is so stupidly obtuse they don't even recognize the fact they are in the way.
Quote by TobusRex
One of the biggest indicators of low intelligence is how oblivious one is to their surroundings.

My god yes. Imagine what they're like inside a motor vehicle.
I get most of the already mentioned annoyances but specifcally:

I'm walking fast through the underground in "I've got places to be" speed, someone makes a huge effort to barge in front of me and walks a little bit slower. we get to the escalator, and they go and stand on the right hand side while I walk up the left side internally shaking my head. why barge in front of me like you're in a hurry if you were just going to stand.

also when walking down a street and 3+ groups of friends like to block out the whole pavement because none of them can handle not being part of their chat by standing behind (unless completely oblivious, 1 usually gets shoved to the back when someone stubbornly walks right at them)

also when getting on a train with a decent amount of space and the person in front just decides to stand right at the doors rather than moving further in for everyone else. if there are trains soon after people behind just get the next one but usually someone will get pissed and needs to get on the train and give the idiot a shove. then that person will look annoyed even though they could've moved further inside in the first place and avoided this shit.

also guys who sit pointlessly spread legged on a bus so they are taking up a seat and a half with their legs, making anyone sitting next to them squeezed out. also men and women who sit half off the seat on a bus because some prejudice or something stopping them from having less than half a foot of space between the person next to them, just sit in your seat fully and stop being weird. nice that the tube has armrests on most seats so people can't really get away with weird shit (except for armrest disputes, but if everyone is wide enough for armrests, just alternate with one person leaning arms forward taking front of armrests and the other arms back)

also public staircases where it's clear to walk on the left but you get a few idiots who move down the right side and end up bumping into everyone. or double staircases where one side is clearly for up and the other down but someone thinking they are smart starts walking down the other side and forces the huge crowd coming up to divert around them.

I don't mind slow walkers if they "stay in a lane" and when it comes to busy paths like tunnels and stairs I find it more irritating when people decide to disrupt the flow by jumping sides in a rush (for barely any gain in the end usually) compared to a really slow but tidy mass of people.

"stop talkers" I only really see with tourists in the busy shopping areas. though yesterday in one busy tube station I did see a group of people decide to block one side of the tunnel yesterday with some conversation like they just bumped into each other. I mean it's not so hard to just walk like a few seconds back down the path to the big open area and stand at the side if you wanna catch up.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Last edited by theguitarist at Jun 29, 2016,
Stop talkers are the worst but I prefer dealing with them over slow walkers because at least I can walk around them and go my own pace. Most of the time, anyways.

With slow walkers I feel like pressuring them to walk faster is rude so I always just go their pace and deal with it. I'm actually pretty conscious about this so I always try to go at a fast pace if I think people behind me think I'm slow.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 29, 2016,
Talkers, I'm never in a busy enough place to be bothered by walkers, but I have friends who seem to fucking stop and have a 15 minute conversation when they saw someone they seemingly hadn't fucking contacted in years.

It's like they don't know how to gracefully leave the conversatioin, and I'm fucking stuck waiting on them, and I have liquor that's getting warm back at their place, but they won't get in the fucking car.

Fuck.

I don't hang out with many people since I drink less but it used to bug me.
Quote by theguitarist
I'm walking fast through the underground in "I've got places to be" speed, someone makes a huge effort to barge in front of me and walks a little bit slower. we get to the escalator, and they go and stand on the right hand side while I walk up the left side internally shaking my head. why barge in front of me like you're in a hurry if you were just going to stand.

people who stand on escalators.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I'm too afraid of heights to walk on the escalators

It's actually a problem. I stand and wait till I get to the top or bottom praying that it doesn't collapse and kill me.

I scum it up extra hard if the place wants to make the escalator classy and put glass sides on it and sometimes hold both rails.
I'm trash.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Jun 29, 2016,
i forgive you
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Stop talkers for sure, I also hate people who pull up next to each other on the street in their cars to chat and continue to do so even when there are cars waiting behind them. I find a good long bast of the horn will usually get them going as well as garner some dirty looks from the rude a$$holes.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by ErikLensherr
The worst is couples holding hands and strolling slowly. If you're walking in the park or something, sure. But on a crowded sidewalk or even worse a subway platform? Hope you both get herp.

I hope you find love one day.
Quote by Crazyedd123
If it hasn't been mentioned yet; People who stand by the door when you're trying to get off the train.

This is excusable if it's just you trying to get off the train, but when there are like 5-8+ people trying to get off the train, and one nob-end is standing in the way, taking up one third of the doorway, it's fucking ridiculous.

Thankfully I have never had to deal with that but I can imagine that being grounds for a decent punting

Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh ooh ooh!

people wearing backpacks on the bus that stand in front of where you're sitting with their back(pack) to you so it's right in your damn face.

How about people that talk really loud on the phone/blast beats through their headphones so that everybody can hear their awful taste in modern metal bands?

Quote by SFosterS
Not moving over for traffic in the passing lane... WHEN THE LANE BESIDE THEM IS WIDE OPEN!!!

That's the worst. Then they look all offended when you honk and pass their ass.

Quote by mattedbird
I lived in a college town where this was an almost daily experience. people that walk or ride in a side to side fashion and can't remove themselves from the sight of the rest of the group to make room when clearly needed have some kind of mental issue. I've been trying figure this one out for a long time. I used to be all polite about trying to make my way though people that clearly see the situation ahead of them, but I just plow through now.

People that can decide what side of the sidewalk to walk on are the worst. Like, just pick a fucking side and walk on it. If you can't stay on one side I automatically think you're either:

a) really drunk
b) a loser
c) both

There is no use trying to understand it. Just pretend you're a bulldozer and push them fools out of the way

Quote by TobusRex
One of the biggest indicators of low intelligence is how oblivious one is to their surroundings. Idiots who have conversations while blocking sidewalks, store aisles, and such are a bane to my existence. It also shows a selfishness that I heartily dislike.

Honestly, that's the biggest thing that bugs me about it. It's just a lack of respect for others that really rubs me the wrong way.

Quote by RAB11
Stop talkers, but the worst is their final form.

Two old biddies who spot each other in the middle of the supermarket and block the entire aisle with their trolleys so that can catch up on everything that's happened since the bingo last Tuesday.

Supermarkets should just have a pensioner hour at say 10am where only OAPs are allowed in and the rest of the time they're barred. Fuck off.

The mall near my house is this every day. 24/7. I'm pretty sure I've had an aneurysm trying to buy groceries once.

Quote by matt bickerton
Slow walkers are one of my biggest pet peeves.

It's always the slowest ones that also somehow impressively manage to take up the entirety of the pavement so you can't get past them. I just want to punch them in the back of the head.

The best is when you're picking up speed to pass them and then they stop walking right in front of you.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I worry that slow walkers might be zombies.

Not really, I just wish they were, and I had a chainsaw, so they'd get what they deserve

I wish I could like this more than once.

Quote by TobusRex
Here's the fact: a lot of people are physically disabled, or infirm. Those people can't walk well sometimes and struggle to even walk at all. Cut them some slack, dicks. There is a big difference between somebody doing the best they can and only being able to walk slow, and a person who is so stupidly obtuse they don't even recognize the fact they are in the way.

If you have an ailment, are in a chair or are otherwise unable to walk fast, that's one thing.

If you're perfectly able bodied and you're walking like a dope then I hate you a ton.

Quote by Rebel Scum
My god yes. Imagine what they're like inside a motor vehicle.

I shudder at the thought

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Stop talkers are the worst but I prefer dealing with them over slow walkers because at least I can walk around them and go my own pace. Most of the time, anyways.

With slow walkers I feel like pressuring them to walk faster is rude so I always just go their pace and deal with it. I'm actually pretty conscious about this so I always try to go at a fast pace if I think people behind me think I'm slow.

Oh yeah, if I feel like somebody is walking faster, I usually let them pass or at least try to walk a bit faster so they aren't getting bogged down.

Quote by stratkat
Talkers, I'm never in a busy enough place to be bothered by walkers, but I have friends who seem to fucking stop and have a 15 minute conversation when they saw someone they seemingly hadn't fucking contacted in years.

It's like they don't know how to gracefully leave the conversatioin, and I'm fucking stuck waiting on them, and I have liquor that's getting warm back at their place, but they won't get in the fucking car.

Fuck.

I don't hang out with many people since I drink less but it used to bug me.

Not gonna lie, this is me sometimes.

Sorry

Quote by jakesmellspoo
people who stand on escalators.

That's not terrible so long as they stand on the standing side of the escalator (which is the right here). I hate it when a group of friends stand in a group and block off the entire thing though.

Quote by Evilnine
Stop talkers for sure, I also hate people who pull up next to each other on the street in their cars to chat and continue to do so even when there are cars waiting behind them. I find a good long bast of the horn will usually get them going as well as garner some dirty looks from the rude a$$holes.

Okay, THAT is the fucking absolute worse. If you could do more than honk, I would in a heartbeat.

Quote by JustRooster
I hope you find love one day.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
the escalators here aren't wide enough to pass anyone without being close enough to move in for a kiss.

i just avoid them in general now and take the stairs. hardly even bother with elevators anymore either.

this is all at the mall which i hardly ever go to anymore anyway.

almost had a mental breakdown last time i drove to the mall i'm thinking of too because the highways/circles/exits in that area are completely fucked.
People in the 10 items or less line in the grocery store who count the items of the person in front of them. "HEY! That's 14 items!"
people in the self checkout lane with 50+ items and they don't even know how to operate the thing.

people who ask if they can cut you in line because they "just have one thing"
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Jun 29, 2016,
unless they are elderly or infirmed, knock em over i say
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by EyeNon15
Im important godammit!

I'd like to think you're important.

I mean, moreso than a couple of loser stoners blocking the sidewalk when I'm trying to get to work anyway.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yea, just don't go out and mix in with the public unless you're gonna act like an upstanding citizen that has shit to do and placed to be.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

FireFromTheVoid

The hamsters have to get back on their wheels after all, that can't be delayed
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jun 29, 2016,
Page 2 of 2