http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36658187

A suicide gun and bomb attack on Istanbul's Ataturk international airport, one of Europe's busiest, has killed 28 people and injured 60 more.

METIN GURCAN @Metin4020
An ISIS-inspired Turkish cell including guys from Central Asia responsible for airport attack.1 captured alive, 3 killed, 3 missing out of 7
12:57 AM - 29 Jun 2016
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
The Associated Press ?@AP 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Senior Turkish official says nearly 50 people killed in attack at Istanbul's airport.

christ

EDIT: Thank god Trump has spoken (already)

Donald Trump: "We must do everything possible to keep this horrible terrorism out of the United States."
Last edited by sam b at Jun 28, 2016,
Quote by sam b
The Associated Press ?@AP 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: Senior Turkish official says nearly 50 people killed in attack at Istanbul's airport.

christ

EDIT: Thank god Trump has spoken (already)

Donald Trump: "We must do everything possible to keep this horrible terrorism out of the United States."

yeah i saw that too.

wasn't surprised. saw it coming as soon as i switched the news on as the story was breaking.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Last edited by Aeolian Harmony at Jun 28, 2016,
Horrible news. Hope this gets sorted out soon.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by severed-metal
Why Turkey? I've heard it's mostly political. So what are ISIS' motives?
no one's claimed responsibility yet last i heard.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
no one's claimed responsibility yet last i heard.

Oh fair enough, I thought I read ISIS in there somewhere but I think I didn't read it well enough.
Quote by severed-metal
Oh fair enough, I thought I read ISIS in there somewhere but I think I didn't read it well enough.

op has a twitter quote saying "ISIS inspired"

bbc article says something about recent attacks being linked to kurdish separatists or ISIS.

i haven't checked for any updated news in an hour or two.
Maybe Turkey should have been stepping up its game and helping others kick ISIS ass.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Awww man

I just had a look at some of the photos, I was standing right where one of those bombs went off, only 7 weeks ago.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by severed-metal
Why Turkey? I've heard it's mostly political. So what are ISIS' motives?

ISIS' motives are to kill people.
Quote by bradulator
Maybe Turkey should have been stepping up its game and helping others kick ISIS ass.

This seems to be actually the exact reason why they are targeted, because they closed their borders to Syria and are supporting the US and other countries by letting them use their airbases for bombings. Erdogan was declared "the enemy of all Muslims" by ISIS.
The world is in a sorry state so much hatred and murder it is starting to feel like you can't go out anywhere and be safe these terrorists are sickening.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

jakesmellspoo and they likely won't. It's better not to claim responsibility as it causes more turmoil.
Quote by badfish_lewis
jakesmellspoo and they likely won't. It's better not to claim responsibility as it causes more turmoil.
it's usually their MO tho. they even tried to bank on the Orlando shooter even tho he had no direct links to them last i checked.

i could be wrong about that. i avoid the news in general anymore.
Quote by matt bickerton
The world is just so full of hate right now it's unreal

Na, it's one Islamic group. Not the whole world
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
Na, it's one Islamic group. Not the whole world
yeah all that other hate just went away years ago.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
yeah all that other hate just went away years ago.

Really if we eliminated this one Islamic group I think it wouldn't seem nearly as hateful. That's how bad ISIS is

Edit: but yaaa you're right prolly has nothing to do with Isis
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Last edited by Carnivean at Jun 29, 2016,
Quote by bradulator

Except they've sided with Qatar and the Muslim Brotherhood in the past against both kurds and shia.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was ISIS or Syrian-backed though.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
it's usually their MO tho. they even tried to bank on the Orlando shooter even tho he had no direct links to them last i checked.

i could be wrong about that. i avoid the news in general anymore.

That's true and a matter of propaganda: if they can access the west, they can stir fears up (whether it really was them or not).

In Turkey's case it's different since they might still have backers in the gov't, so I dunno why they'd say if it was them.