Hey
Just wondering if the price difference between these PRS guitars is worth it :

1) http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=14101616065332

2) http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=151203291141002

An additional question :

PRS guitars, such as the ones I've listed, both have trems that don't lock. Does that mean string changing and tuning is simple?
Additionally - do these trems negatively effect the ability for the guitar to stay in tune at all compared with the hardtail versions?

Thanks!
Not sure on the 'worth it' side. The Standard Custom is built in Indonesia, and the 'just' Custom one is made in South Korea.

FWIW, I have a 2012 'just' Custom. Stringing is just like with a Strat, and I find it to be a very stable trem - for a non-locking one. It stands up well in comparison to the trem on my American Deluxe strat, for example.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
^ does it float? if it does it's going to be harder to tune etc. than a hardtail.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The SE are built by World Music Corp which has a reputation of building very good instruments, LTD 1000, PRS SE, high end Schecter and Chapman guitars are all built there.

The Indonesian ones are also good, just not as good as the Korean ones and are made by I believe, Cort or Samick.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ does it float? if it does it's going to be harder to tune etc. than a hardtail.
It does float. I've never really changed tuning much with it(occasional drop D or slight change in reference pitch), but every year, I do take off all the strings to clean the fretboard. With practice, I find it takes maybe an extra 5 minutes to restring and tune up compared to a hardtail.

True, it was pretty frustrating the first couple of times, but it's way easier to live with than an FR.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It does float. I've never really changed tuning much with it(occasional drop D or slight change in reference pitch), but every year, I do take off all the strings to clean the fretboard. With practice, I find it takes maybe an extra 5 minutes to restring and tune up compared to a hardtail.

True, it was pretty frustrating the first couple of times, but it's way easier to live with than an FR.

huh that's interesting. I always figure the awkward bit is the floating bit, not the fact it's locking, but then i'm pretty awful at setups anyway so
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
huh that's interesting. I always figure the awkward bit is the floating bit, not the fact it's locking, but then i'm pretty awful at setups anyway so
Well, the one time I put 10s on instead of 9s was an interesting hour, which ended with going "fuck this" and leaving it for a week. Maybe a gypsy tried to curse it at rolled a natural crit fail?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Well, the one time I put 10s on instead of 9s was an interesting hour, which ended with going "fuck this" and leaving it for a week. Maybe a gypsy tried to curse it at rolled a natural crit fail?

lol

going "fuck this" and leaving it for a week generally happens every time i restring
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The SE standards are Indonesian (made at PT Wildwood, which I believe is the same factory that Jackson uses) and are all mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard. The SE Customs are Korean (made at World Music, probably the best major guitar manufacturer in terms of quality outside of Japan), and have a mahogany body with a maple top, a maple neck and a rosewood board (ebony on limited run models).

The Customs are quite a bit brighter than the Standards, speaking from experience. Similar quality build though. Good all around with the Custom having better fretwork and attention to detail.

SEs need better tuners if you want to use the trem at all - the tuners are THE weakest point on the guitar qualitywise. Gotoh and Schaller make drop-in locking replacements however. I have an SE CU24 and did that swap and the trem is totally usable now. The nut is also slotted for 9s - 10s will bind.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jun 30, 2016,
The SE Standards were intended to be a step down from the Korean SE line and more affordable. Labor costs and possibly some wood choices may be affected. My SE245 was pretty solid and in Canada a little more than $200 more than the SE Standard 245.
Moving on.....