Does anyone make a vintage trem (like a 2 point strat tremolo) that'll work in Floyd Rose routing? I've got an Ibanez S prestige that has an old Edge trem in it, but I absolutely hate floyds and would like to avoid getting another one if I can. I block the trem off so it doesn't float, and I never use the bar, so it'll just be sitting in place - no dives or pulls. I can't believe this hasn't been done, but I'm not a luthier and I don't want to rip the guitar apart.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com
i'm no luthier (so wait until someone who knows more than me confirms this) but I don't see why it wouldn't work if you got a 2-point strat-style trem where all the important dimensions matched up. The route would be a good bit bigger than the trem, though. Again I don't think that'd be a problem but you might not like how it looks.

you'd also have to do something about the locking nut, though. might end up being more bother than it's worth.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Kahler has adapter plates that will allow you to cover the current rout (talk to WammiWorld about what would work best on your guitar) and allow you to put a Kahler fixed OR trem bridge on top. http://www.wammiworld.com/Adaptor%20plates.php

The lock nut is an easy fix. Just pull off the top clamp bits and screws, tuck them into a baggie and stuff them into the accessory pocket with the original trem.
I believe Schaller's "vintage" bridge uses the same spacing as their Floyd, but that may not be the same spacing as the Floyd you've got on there.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
To be honest, just sounds like you have the "wrong" guitar here. Slapping a strat style bridge should be physically possible (I've never seen it, and I've seen a lot haha. I've seen people glue in wood blocks and completely reroute the guitar, but not just slapping the bridge on)

Im not a tone whore by any means, but I imagine the effects would change the guitar quite a bit. Have you investigated the tremol-no? You can set it up for dive only mode.
+1 get a tremol-no.

i wouldn't know how to do it, but i wouldn't do it myself.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
tremol-no's a bit fiddly i found
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I get the impression that the intention is to avoid the Floyd locking and/or intonation shenanigans, since OP said it's blocked (and if you want dive only a £10 tremolo stopper will do the job just as well as a tremol-no, if not better, as long as you don't mind a couple small screws hidden in your guitar) and specifically "no dives or pulls".
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jul 6, 2016,
yeah the tremol-no's kind of a sledgehammer to crack a walnut type of solution if you just want to block the thing completely. EDIT: or maybe actually the exact opposite. a far too sophisticated and complex solution to a much simpler problem.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jul 7, 2016,
Thanks for all the replies. I'll look into the mounting plates for a fixed bridge - I didn't even know those existed.

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com