this question has been trough my mind from the last year and i didn't figured it out till this day i think it's kinda of a Technique i say?

anyway there's a fretboard swipe kinda thing where the player swaps his hand of the fretboard before playing a riff here's a link: the move is at 0:13 seconds.

i would really know what it's called and it will be more better if someone tells how to do it.
if you turn the video down a bit, he hits the open strings, and does what appears to be a 12-0 connected slide on the low E string.

Technical term, I believe to be Glissando. Functional term "slide"
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius