Poll: Are you good at keeping up with people?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you good at keeping up with people?
Yes
9 18%
No
41 82%
Voters: 50.
Page 1 of 3
I suck at it. I rarely text, call, or interact with people on social media. This is why I have no friends.
How about you?
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
god no. some of my friends have thought i was dead in the past because of how bad i am at keeping in touch.

of course that then begs then question of how shitty are my friends that they don't reach out to me when they think i might be dead.

i just had this conversation with my best friend tho and we're both equally terrible about keeping in touch. he actually posts on FB sometimes tho, where i post one nonsense thing every year or so.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I don't know how to read people's texts and voices in phone calls, so I tend to let them approach me.

I often forget to reply to texts but make an effort with those required.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
i almost always read a text, then put the phone back down and never respond.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
of course that then begs then question of how shitty are my friends that they don't reach out to me when they think i might be dead.

Same. How shitty are my friends that they don't go out of their way to just buy a oujia board or hire a medium?
Free Ali
I'm really good at it because I genuinely want to know how they're doing so I ask.

There's no harm in it really and I have friends that regret losing really awesome friendships because they did stuff like that.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yes, I make it a point to keep in touch. Building success requires an active network of people. Being a recluse / not responding literally costs money and critical opportunities.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yes, I make it a point to keep in touch. Building success requires an active network of people. Being a recluse / not responding literally costs money and critical opportunities.

Not surprised at all that you view interpersonal relationships as fiscal responsibilities.
Free Ali
I try a lot more with others than others do to me

But generally yeah. I talk to my closest mates every day thereabouts, at least once a week, in addition to following their social media. I also call my parents every week
Quote by Xiaoxi
Go be a responsible adult somewhere else.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Well, you at least respond to me so that's something.

I have some friends that I try to keep up with even though I don't know why because they are unreliable and goofy and always flake on plans to meet up after not seeing each other for months.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by chrismendiola
Not surprised at all that you view interpersonal relationships as fiscal responsibilities.
It absolutely is.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
no i'm terrible at it as well

we should be friends
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
Quote by kalypto
no i'm terrible at it as well

we should be friends
We'd never talk.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
true
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
My text messages:

someone: "heyo christian wassup"
me: "who?"
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jun 29, 2016,
Social media is a funny creature.

I got tired of pretending I knew/didn't know things I"d grab by browsing the social media pages while reading to catch up on the person's life before seeing them again. That little ballet became completely obnoxious.

Now? I stopped keeping up with people and allow them to tell me what I'm supposed to know about them. If they can't be bothered to keep me in the loop, I can't be bothered to keep up.

That said - for professional reasons, I'll opt to keep up with those I categorize that way. Knowing where a person works, what they do, and what their passion is will benefit you more than waste your time.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Last edited by dPrimmy at Jun 29, 2016,
i said it in another thread i think, but i have less of an issue semi-anonymously liking posts here than i do on FB for people i actually know.

idk why, i just always feel weird liking shit on there. makes me feel like a creep or something. hard to describe.
I pretty much only talk to my friends when talking about uni work, or do a thing where we just share links until someone gets bored and stops. Making an effort to get to know each other is just not the done thing. Coincidentally, I just sent the person i consider my best friend a youtube link at 3am after two months of radio silence.

I have a theory that it's due to the indirect nature of social media communication. You can check messages whenever you want, and they don't know, unless u accidentally click on the window and it sends a 'seen' receipt. It's not a phone call where I'm calling you NOW. It's like whenever you get around to it. So u just put things out into the ether and u might get some interaction an hour later or maybe not cause they're feeling tired and so they jsut send a or nothing at all, cause it's been a day what's the point in starting a conversation now.
Alternatively I could just suck at social interaction which seems likely given how well some of my IRL conversations go.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Last edited by Gatecrasher53 at Jun 29, 2016,
Yeah I'm pretty awful. I always remind myself to text people just to chat but I keep forgetting to. I also tend to forget to respond to messages or assume that I've already responded.

Plus I'm already super lazy and do nothing at all times. I am become the worst.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jun 29, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Yeah I'm pretty awful. I always remind myself to text people just to chat but I keep forgetting to. I also tend to forget to respond to messages or assume that I've already responded.

Plus I'm already super lazy and do nothing at all times. I am become the worst.
Don't you want to be a film director or something? Above most, creative positions require the most support of an active network.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
. I am become the worst, destroyer of relationships.

also agreeing with xiaoxi you really do gotta keep up appearances in the film industry

in the photographic community you can do quite well by being mediocre and extremely sociable. Not sure you can do that as easily with something like moving image
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Jun 29, 2016,
sometimes when xi xi talks about networking he sounds vaguely like a psychopath.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Don't you want to be a film director or something? Above most, creative positions require the most support of an active network.

You're acting as if I want things.

Nah you're right, but I'm also in the kind of place right now where I'm totally uncommitted to any kind of positive career move. Also I was really referring to just friends. Like the few friend friends I have who work in a creative sector aren't ones I'd approach for work other than just wanting to work with them rather than, y'know, Work.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
sometimes when xi xi talks about networking he sounds vaguely like a psychopath.

He still hasn't said whether he believes Nightcrawler is a motivational feel-good piece.

Quote by Banjocal
also agreeing with xiaoxi you really do gotta keep up appearances in the film industry

in the photographic community you can do quite well by being mediocre and extremely sociable. Not sure you can do that as easily with something like moving image

Nah works the same way with films, unless you can afford to be an asshole and can go home whenever you want. Thing is that's the easy part.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jun 29, 2016,
Quote by jakesmellspoo

I bet he draws up spreadsheets for when it'll be most economical to fuck his girlfriend
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Jun 29, 2016,
Quote by Banjocal
I bet he draws up spreadsheets for when it'll be most economical to fuck his girlfriend

Thursdays

Drinks are half off and you can get dinner for 2 at this local bar I frequent.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Probs. No fucks given.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
He still hasn't said whether he believes Nightcrawler is a motivational feel-good piece.
It's so inspirational :')
Quote by Banjocal
No way! I hate making spreadsheets.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jun 29, 2016,
I'm really bad at it. I hate facebook and actively avoid going on unless someone contacts me by other means and tells me to check out something in particular. I don't think I've actually ever made a post on facebook. I've got one friend in particular that usually hits me up once a week or so. If it wasn't for him it'd probably only be like once a month or even less that I got in touch with any of my other friends.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I'm really bad at it. I hate facebook and actively avoid going on unless someone contacts me by other means and tells me to check out something in particular. I don't think I've actually ever made a post on facebook. I've got one friend in particular that usually hits me up once a week or so. If it wasn't for him it'd probably only be like once a month or even less that I got in touch with any of my other friends.

Facebook is awful. I deleted mine in high school.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Xiaoxi
It's so inspirational :')

I bet you could make an entire marxist theory class cry.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I bet you could make an entire marxist theory class cry.
You flatter me too much!

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Facebook is awful. I deleted mine in high school.

I've had a slight cognitive dissonance about it for the last few years. Want to delete it, but there are a few people on there that if they wanted to contact me that would be the only way for them to do so other than asking mutual friends if they have my number. These are people in the 'have hung out with and would consider a friend, but not someone that I've really spent a lot of time with' category. None of these people have ever tried to contact me through facebook though and I doubt they will.

I do somewhat like the idea that on the panel where it shows how long since people were last on mine must frequently get up to a few months before it resets.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I've had a slight cognitive dissonance about it for the last few years. Want to delete it, but there are a few people on there that if they wanted to contact me that would be the only way for them to do so other than asking mutual friends if they have my number. These are people in the 'have hung out with and would consider a friend, but not someone that I've really spent a lot of time with' category. None of these people have ever tried to contact me through facebook though and I doubt they will.

I do somewhat like the idea that on the panel where it shows how long since people were last on mine must frequently get up to a few months before it resets.

I had the same issue. I gave those people my number. Never heard from them again so no loss on my part.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
When texted, I respond immediately and desperately.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
eGrahamHow immediately?
(This is a test)

EDIT: Burned again
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Last edited by Gatecrasher53 at Jun 29, 2016,
Page 1 of 3