Hey all, thought I would make a thread on my most recent purchase, an Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB!
First I will paste the specs.

Neck Type: Nitro Wizard-7 3pc Maple/Bubinga neck
Body: Poplar Burl top/Layered Ash body
Fretboard: Birdseye Maple fretboard
Frets: Jumbo frets
Bridge: Gibraltar Standard II-7 bridge
Tuners: Gotoh Locking
Neck Pickup: DiMarzio® Fusion Edge (H) neck pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® Fusion Edge (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Ceramic)

I had to order the guitar into one of my local shops (Dawsons Music in Leeds City Center) due to the seemingly rarity of this instrument, no where seemed to stock it on the shelves so I couldn't actually play test before taking the plunge and buying it, thankfully I got a great guitar, this thing is amazing!

The neck profile is flat and thin, like you would expect from an Ibanez, yet a different profile than my GRG7221 and it doesn't cause a cramp in my thumb after extended periods of playing like the GRG sometimes can. (I play with my thumb on the back of the neck rather than gripping it with the neck in my palm), the neck profile, combined with the super low action I achieved after a quick truss rod adjustment and bridge saddle adjustment means I can totally rip on this thing with minimal effort, it plays like a dream, even with 10's on a 26.5" scale in B standard, I was worried the strings might be a little too high tension since it comes a whole step down from the factory, but they feel great. The fretwork is great, they are nice, shiny and polished very nicely (no premium fret edge treatment however) and seem super level with no high frets or dead frets I can discern.

I love the Birdseye Maple fretboard both aesthetically and to the touch, it feels so smooth and nice, especially for two hand tapping and when you bend notes and catch the fretboard more with your fingers, its a dream, maple fretboards are definitely higher up my priority list on future purchases now.
The swamp ash body is beautiful and also great to the touch, you can feel the ebb and flow of the grain patterns if you run your hands over the body and seems to be a solid single piece for the back slice of the layered body (it has a layer of some kind of dark wood between two layers of ash for the body). I can't say absolutely if the top layer of ash is a single piece since the poplar top covers where some seams could be. Speaking of the poplar top, this looks incredible, the burl pattern combined with the "Surreal Blue Burst" finish makes it kind of look like the ocean to me, which I love. Being a fan of natural bodys with a finished top, and the combination of the natural swamp ash, burled poplar top and birdseye maple board, it's a real killer combination of beautiful woods. The neck is a 3 piece laminate of maple/bubinga/maple and feels great and rock solid, it also looks pretty cool with the bubinga strip.

Now onto the tone, this guitar sounds incredible, extremely resonant, sustain for days on single notes and chords and the Dimarzio Fusion Edge Pickups have a great tone, lots of mid (which I like, I normally boost the mids quite a bit especially considering I am a metal head), smooth, glassy highs and a tight and responsive bass end, which is great for that low b string. After trying to research these pickups on the internet I found out they are genuine made in USA (not some copies with Dimarzio stamped on them) with 8.9k resistance on the neck and 11k resistance on the bridge, so pretty high output (I had to turn the gain down on my amp a couple of notches to compensate from when I play on my other guitars, I don't play with too much gain, around 7 on my Les Paul and about 4/5 on this Ibanez on the Red Channel of the 6505 model on my Vypyr). Despite the high output they clean up very nicely on the Fender Twin model of my amp. These are perfect pickups for the progressive metal which I love.

Now onto the pics!

My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
That looks really nice, man. HNGD!
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks guys. I'm super happy with it and thoroughly recommend one.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Thankyou, yeah it is definitely an acquired taste, very different from most guitars out there!
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay