I'm looking at this Jackson that I'm thinking about buying off a guy. It's a Jackson Randy Rhoads model guitar. I know that they've made several different types of Jackson RR guitars before and depending on the model, the value of the guitar is different. The guy doesn't know what the actual model of the guitar is, for example a RR3 or RR1, but he gave me the serial number. I was wondering if I could have a hand with pinpointing what model this guitar is, whether the serial number will help or if there's some other distinguishing characteristic about the guitar that'll let me know.
Neck joint, tremolo/bridge info, fret inlays, pickups, pictures of the front and back.

You can dig through the old catalogs on Jacksons site.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I'm pretty sure if you put up some pics of it, we could figure out what model it is. Closeup of pickups, neckjoint, binding, bridge...etc.

Also, if it has a "Made in Japan" sticker, or from somewhere else. Jackson serial numbers really don't help unless they're pretty old.
I have 2010 RR3 PRO it is MIJ and has real Duncan's JB/59 not Duncan Designed pickups, if that is a RR3 PRO series it should have real Duncans again JB/59 set looks like the pickups might have been swapped as those are Duncan Designed Invaders.

FWIW I paid $499 used for mine it was in near mint condition and had the factory Jackson hard case included.

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 30, 2016,
Looks like a mid 2000s 3 or X series.

I have a KE3 from 2004 or so and it came with the same Jackson Trem and the same Duncan Designed Detonator pickups. Looks like their X series some years had the same hardware/pickups like in the 2006 catalog.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .