So I bought SD Pearly Gates and want to install them, likely need to just get new pots and all. I'll go with 500k pots. What is the best overall setup for pot type, caps, etc? And do I need to get a base plate for the pots to fit into?

Thank you
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Last edited by 21GunSalute at Jun 29, 2016,
Quote by 21GunSalute
So I bought SD Pearly Gates and want to install them, likely need to just get new pots and all. I'll go with 500k pots. What is the best overall setup for pot type, caps, etc? And do I need to get a base plate for the pots to fit into?

Most guitars don't have (or need) a base plate. Base plates exist to make it easier/faster/cheaper to install pots in a production environment. You'll find recommendations for pot type and caps, etc., on the SD site. You'll also find wiring diagrams.
There are folks who are rabid about '50's wiring, others who are nearly as rabid about modern wiring. I'm personally not a fan of '50's wiring.
I also do my own wiring and don't buy pre-built harnesses. It's such a simple process and something you should learn to do in the event you have to do your own out on the road, etc.
A typical HB setup would be 500k pots and then caps between .022uf and .015uf so if you want a base, you can start with that.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Thanks guys
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Here's another thought. Since these have two volume pots, you could use "P-bass" wiring - pickup to wiper instead of pickup to hot. This allows blending in the middle switch position without loss of volume if you turn one pickup very low. The trade-off is that the tone pots behave differently.