Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone here could give me tips on how to do vibrato. In all my years of singing (nearly a decade?) I was never required to do falsetto as
I was mainly doing choral and pop. However recently I've decided to incorporate more vibrato into my higher and lower notes especially when im holding it but I seem to be failing haha. HELP ME!
Naturally, without force. Forced vibrato is unhealthy.

If you're unsure about the mechanics behind your singing, a teacher might help. How does it feel when you sing?
Glad to cross paths with you on this adventure called life
Quote by Jet Penguin
lots of flirting with the other key without confirming. JUST LIKE THEIR LOVE IN THE MOVIE OH DAMN.
Quote by Hail
you're acting like you have perfect pitch or something
Vibrato is a natural byproduct of good singing technique, which also includes breath control. Forced vibrato means that you're creating needless extra stress somewhere in the vocal system.
I've heard of a few ways you can produce vibrato in your vocals from various teachers. One technique is to practice taking two notes, relatively close to each other (ex. E and F) and cycle back and forth between them. First slowly and then rapidly, it'll get the mind-body connection working so you can use it during vocal performance. After awhile it won't sound like two separate notes, just a simple vibrato. Either that, or just over time most vocalists develop it naturally through practice.
Last edited by Humbug808 at Jul 12, 2016,
Vibrato is overrated, especially in large amounts. But I guess it just depends on individual taste. Like the person Humbug says,you can train it deliberately. But the mechanism of vibrato can come naturally if you are singing in a way that is relaxed and has good release. Once you get there, all you need to do is pump a little more air out, and your vocal cords should give in a little then bounce back on pitch rapidly. Vibrato.