Hi everyone. I stumbled across a used JPX for a kinda good price, only real problem is that the top part of the nut is broken. Seller says that it's fine but I'm a little worried it's going to be a problem in the future and that eventually I'll need to replace it, so I wanted to know what you guys think. here is a photo showing what happened to the nut- http://imgur.com/SOYbst9
Yeah I'd want to replace that eventually. Being that it has the compensated nut from EBMM, you will most likely have to get that directly from them. I wouldn't think that it would be too expensive, and while replacing a nut is delicate work, it isn't that difficult.

I'd go for it if you can get a good price.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
How much is the seller willing to knock off for the broken nut? That is what will truly determine if it is worth it or not.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by dementiacaptain
Yeah I'd want to replace that eventually. Being that it has the compensated nut from EBMM, you will most likely have to get that directly from them. I wouldn't think that it would be too expensive, and while replacing a nut is delicate work, it isn't that difficult.

I'd go for it if you can get a good price.
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
How much is the seller willing to knock off for the broken nut? That is what will truly determine if it is worth it or not.

Where I live (Israel), a second hand JPX in mint condition would sell for 1800$-1950$, and he's willing to sell his for 1550$, though the guitar also has some serious scratches on the back of the left horn. Do you how much a new nut from Ernie Ball would cost? Never replaced one but I think I can manage.

Edit: Okay I found the nut for sale and it's super cheap, but I think I'm just going to pass, the scratches are pretty bad and I just don't feel like paying that much and still get a beaten up guitar. Thanks for the replying everyone.
Last edited by amitkummer at Jun 30, 2016,