Poll: What is your favourite Brand New album?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is your favourite Brand New album?
Your Favorite Weapon
3 17%
Deja Entendu
4 22%
The Devil And God Are Raging In Me
8 44%
Daisy
3 17%
Voters: 18.
I believe your choice of favourite Brand New album says a lot about your personality

So what is it?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I think it's a trick question and none of those are Brand New albums.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I believe your choice of favourite Brand New album says a lot about your personality

So what is it?

Tell all english girls you meet that Your Favorite Weapon is their best album.

EDIT: Degausser is their best song, though.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Jun 30, 2016,
the devil and god are raging inside me is PERFECTION

big fan of Brand New anyways, i don't really pick favorites

good thread
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by JustRooster
Tell all english girls you meet that Your Favorite Weapon is their best album.

EDIT: Degausser is their best song, though.

yah i'd probably agree

it's very close between all of the first three tho

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
the first 3 are some of my fav albums ever, but Devil & God is the best

Daisy is real good too, but I don't like it as much as the others
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
i have never listened to brand new.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by kalypto
they all suck

ye
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Daisy has more votes than Deja smh

I voted Deja Entendu but I also like Your Favorite Weapon and I don't much care about the last two but Daisy is a cool ass cover.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Didn't someone make this thread like a month ago?

Every time someone talks about Brand New, this discussion is had.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Hmm quite interesting thread. Perhaps we should rank their albums in order of preference as well.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Jun 30, 2016,
Never heard of them. Judging by their wikipedia page's genre list I'm slightly doubtful they'll be of interest to me, but I'm not sure. I would just listen to whatever their most popular song is on youtube, but that's not always a good indicator. If you were to recommend one song to someone who's never listened to them, what would it be?
Quote by The4thHorsemen
Never heard of them. Judging by their wikipedia page's genre list I'm slightly doubtful they'll be of interest to me, but I'm not sure. I would just listen to whatever their most popular song is on youtube, but that's not always a good indicator. If you were to recommend one song to someone who's never listened to them, what would it be?

Part of the reason why this debate of which Brand New album is better than others is so prevalent is because they're all distinct. The band's sounds vary from one album to the next, so you can't pick a song that will be representative of the band at all.
Free Ali
Free Lard
That song where he's like I hope you fall out the car window or something.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
That song where he's like I hope you fall out the car window or something.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
do we really need to have this discussion every three days though?

should i start a new thread titled "should i listen to brand new?" followed by another titled "which brand new album should i listen to first?"

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by MinterMan22
do we really need to have this discussion every three days though?
leave him be, he just discovered brand new a few months before they split up
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I have yet to discover Brand New. I think chrismen posted a song from them that I liked but can't remember it, so my opinion is pretty valueless to you anyways lmao.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
This is the best Brand New song

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Trowzaa
leave him be, he just rediscovered brand new a few months before they split up

fixed

i liked brand new for ages but only the first two albums cos i weren't a mopey sad boy until recently

that wasnt an important question eat shit u venemous poster

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
You forgot the option for None of the Above.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I don't know that I've ever listened to any of their albums all the way through. I know plenty of songs from the first 2 albums pop up on my pandora from time to time. I'd go for Deja Entendu if I had to pick based off current experience.
I voted Deja Entendu.

YourFavoriteWeapon was too relationship and rivalry focused to have dominant staying power outside the known feud between the two bands. It won't weather well beyond those ~30 years of age. Deja Entendu was more hypothetical and perceptional, spinning the usual aggressor into a victim role or eventuality of life.

And the latter two had listenable tracks, but there were entire sections of the album I found outright abysmal.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
your favorite weapon is the album i heard first so its most of the brand new i know but it is really juvenile

deja is great too

and ive already said how much i love jesus christ but the rest of devil and god isnt doin it for me

never listened to daisy
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Jul 1, 2016,
look if you had a gun to my head i would say deja
but otherwise i would say yfw
i don't know why i feel so dry
whata snoozedest band
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.