Hey! My brother is wanting to buy a 4 stringed Jackson Concert Bass JS3. Does anyone know of any brick and mortar stores that sell any Jackson bass (I figure most of them should be somewhat similar besides look) so he can try one before he buys it? We tried Guitar Center but they have a very tiny selection of basses, and no Jacksons.
There's a bunch of little shops framing Denver, and of course, the GC. But you said they have nothing.
Put your Zip in here.
http://jacksonguitars.com/dealers/
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Try pawn shops, too. You never know what they have.
Use Google and search on the net for Jackson Concert Bass JS3.
Click on the Shopping text name near the top.
LOOK through the hits to find something close, if any.
I found a few stores we can try with the ZIP search. Is the ZIP search on Jackson's website that you linked specific to their basses or their guitars too? It is easy to find guitars, just can't find any basses, except for online. If he can't find one to play he will probably just buy online but it would be nice to play one first. Didn't find any local on the Google Shop search. Thanks for the help so far!
Last edited by glorifyinghimguitar at Jul 1, 2016,
glorifyinghimguitar
The zip search is Jackson Dealers. So both. Call the store and see before you go. Ask them if they have basses,
Sweetwater has one. Most stores don't carry them, including the big box stores (as you've found out).
Your brother wants one, but hasn't actually touched one?

I ended up with something that *looks* Jackson-esque for nearly the same pricetag, but it was a used bass.
And it's got an ebony fretboard, real MOP inlays, five strings, an active preamp with active tone controls, neck-through construction, 24 frets pretty much free of the body, yada yada; it's an older Carvin LB-75. But check out the headstock... I keep getting asked if it's a Jackson.
Phone shots, sorry, from when I picked it up:

^ i thought you were going to post that skull one again that's very nice, is it just me or is the headstock pretty narrow? almost like if parker did a jackson-style pointy headstock.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if none of the jackson dealers around have one in stock they'll usually order one in if you ask them about it.
Thanks for all of the help everybody! He got the bass now, and it kills in every aspect. He bought it new blemished for 60 ducks less than list price. Only problem was one of the tuners was crooked, but we got that fixed by a pro for free and now its perfect. (The reason he wanted one and he hadn't played it yet was because it has really cool stuff like active pickups, full EQ, thin neck radius etc, and it looks sick!) Rock on!
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i thought you were going to post that skull one again that's very nice, is it just me or is the headstock pretty narrow? almost like if parker did a jackson-style pointy headstock.

That is exactly what I thought when I saw it.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?