hey guys,

Have a few questions. Thanks for the help! let me know if you need anymore info.

Signal Path for Reference
Guitar -> Blackstar Cab Sim (xlr out Series one 45 combo) -> yamaha mixer (MG10xu) -> Tannoy 802 Monitor speakers

My sound is extremely fuzzy when I play thru the monitors compared to the cab speakers. I tend to play at lower volumes, so I have a volume effects pedal in effects loop, could that be creating the issue? I can get a solid distortion/overdrive sound at fairly low volumes but when I play thru the cab speakers but thru the cab sim it sounds terrible. I've noticed that when I turn my pre-amp volume way down and gain way down it sounds better thru the monitor speakers but still its kinda rough and doesn't have the same grit.

Any pointers? Are there tricks to the EQ of the mixer to help? Just seems odd that the sound would be so bad.

The Monitor speakers sound great for playing music, drum tracks thru my drum maching which runs thru the same mixer. So I don't think its a mixer issue, or at least not from a broken mixer.

also, i use Bias FX with the same mixer/guitar with a 1/4" direct in and it sounds fine.

Peace
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '15 Epi LP Standard with 57/57+ Gibbys
Blackstar S1-45, a few pedals.
That'd be the god awful analog cab sim you've got in that thing.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^ what he said

Get a microphone and mic the speaker or slap a speaker IR in the DAW. I use NadIR freeware and you can download the Kalthalen free impulse reponses.
Since you mention you have Bias already, disable the amp but leave the cab on and see how you fare. The fx out as well which will give you a cleaner signal, since you're saying the cab sim is nasty sounding.
Last edited by diabolical at Jul 2, 2016,