Page 1 of 2
If junk science dipshits want to make the objectively more nutritional food cost less for me to buy, I'm in.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
GMOs are probably one of the greatest technological advances
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
GMO = Genetically Modified Organism. Any organism who's genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques (i.e., a genetically engineered organism). GMOs are the source of medicines and genetically modified foods and are widely used in scientific research and to produce other goods. The term GMO is very close to the technical legal term, 'living modified organism', defined in the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety, which regulates international trade in living GMOs (specifically, "any living organism that possesses a novel combination of genetic material obtained through the use of modern biotechnology").

(For Dummies)
-BUBBA-
Last edited by bubba at Jul 1, 2016,
I wish this UG sight had a downvote function. Because I can see a retarded fucking thread that deserves sage'ing from a mile way.
Quote by Fat Lard
I wish this UG sight had a downvote function. Because I can see a retarded fucking thread that deserves sage'ing from a mile way.

Considering your staggering shitpost catalog, I'd say this is expert testimony.
Quote by JustRooster
Considering your staggering shitpost catalog, I'd say this is expert testimony.

Do NOT lecture me on shitposts. I tip my hat to you, you INTP Socrates Spacecadet (or w/e tf your band is called)

But I will sum it up: GMO = Good, idiot. Keep easy questions to yourself.
Quote by Fat Lard
Do NOT lecture me on shitposts. I tip my hat to you, you INTP Socrates Spacecadet (or w/e tf your band is called)

I know GMO's are good. That's the point of this thread.
Quote by JustRooster
I know GMO's are good. That's the point of this thread.

Then we have labeled it. Go away dork. Or bump Lil Wayne's Glory
Quote by Fat Lard
Then we have labeled it. Go away dork. Or bump Lil Wayne's Glory

I think you're confusing me with someone else. I don't talk about Lil Wayne or promote my band.
Quote by Fat Lard

reading comprehension is hard
Do people who are against GMO still eat carrots? If they do, they can fuck off.

(For those who aren't familiar with what I'm on about)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrot
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
The only Good that can come of this thread is that a few non-select individuals at FDA will been doing that. You've been eating them, so deal with it.
Quote by Fat Lard
The only Good that can come of this thread is that a few non-select individuals at FDA will been doing that. You've been eating them, so deal with it.

Do you think this is an Anti GMO thread?
GMO Scientists Could Save the World From Hunger, If We Let Them
http://www.newsweek.com/2015/05/29/gmo-scientists-could-save-world-hunger-if-we-let-them-334119.html

A Nebraska Cornhusker frets as he surveys his drought-stunted crop. A Nigerian yam farmer digs up shrunken tubers. A Costa Rican coffee baron lays off hundreds of workers because a fungus has spoiled his harvest. I planted cherry trees in upstate New York last spring. One summer morning, they were denuded by Japanese beetles.

Such disasters are increasingly common on a planet buffeted by climate change and worldwide commerce, where heat burns crops, soil has been ruined by over-farming and drought, and bugs ride across oceans to feast on defenseless plants. Agronomists have been working on these problems for years, but the rapid population growth of humans makes overcoming these challenges increasingly urgent. If we can’t feed the world, it will eventually feed on us.

The United Nations and experts say global food production will have to double by 2050, at which point the world population is expected to have grown from 7 billion today to well beyond 9 billion. That’s just 35 years away, and there will be no new arable land then. In fact, there probably will be less. For example, 73 million acres of arable land in the U.S. were lost between 2002 and 2012, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA); more was certainly made fallow during the last several years of severe drought. Looking ahead, growing conditions will only get harsher.

This genetic work has not just found detractors but also aroused fierce partisans. Take Golden Rice, for example. It’s basic rice, but modified to produce its own vitamin A, potentially saving up to 2.8 million children a year from blindness and a million of them from death. Yet it sits in labs, unused. The notion of GMOs has spooked environmental groups such as Greenpeace, which has resisted GMOs with violent action, including destroying an experimental Golden Rice field last year in the Philippines. This despite the fact that Golden Rice is being offered to the world by a nonprofit, with no commercial stipulations, and is likely to save many lives.

The scientific consensus for the safety of GMOs is overwhelming. A recent Pew poll found that 88 percent of U.S. scientists think GMO technology is harmless. By contrast, only 33 percent of civilians agreed. A recent 7-1 U.S. Supreme Court decision concurred that genetically modified alfalfa is safe. The USDA, after arduous review, has allowed genetically modified sugar beets. Several independent studies so far have tested the effects of varieties of genetically modified crops on animals. In 2012, a meta-analysis of 12 long-term studies and 12 multigenerational studies was published in Food and Chemical Toxicology; it concluded “that GM plants are nutritionally equivalent to their non-GM counterparts and can be safely used in food and feed.” And according to the independent organization Biofortified, more than a hundred such studies have been performed, with no harmful results found.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by JustRooster
Do you think this is an Anti GMO thread?

No, but I'm not Stupid.

I get it: it's more applicable to get discussion going from a neutral start, but we must still accept the Fact that the mouthbreathers will wain away any discourse that makes sense -- and, seeing as this has all been FDA-approved already -- we can bypass any negative discussion pertaining to the negative-GMO'ers, and focus on more pressing issues.
Label GMOs because I like to be informed of how my food was made, and because then I'll know which products to look for to support the vital GMO industry
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Jul 1, 2016,
As long as you're steering the discourse the Right way after the OP, JR, I'm cool with it

Quote by mattedbird
they make me buff

Counter bluff then? TX Holdem isn't a one-hand game
GMO is the best way to go and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot

Also Fat Lard is still refusing to make sense I see
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
GMO is the best way to go and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot

Also Fat Lard is still refusing to make sense I see

My observations of anti-GMO people is that they also tend to be anti:
-Vaccinations
-Abortion
-Common sense
-Logic and reasoning
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
- often god-botherers
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

GMO's don't affect what I purchase, but if someone wants to eat rice with less vitamin A it's their choice. Like, whatever.

Quote by Fat Lard

I always read your posts in braks voice, this one gave me a good chuckle.
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 2, 2016,
I'd love to be devil's advocate so here gos

I don't agree with everything in this video (i.e. the poison manufacturing scaremongering bits) but I think it raises some good points. I have no problem eating GMO food that's been verified to be safe. The monopolies and patent abuse on these crops seeds however, I do have a problem with.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
GMOs is one of those topics where both sides of the argument are just a bunch of bandwaggoning idiots who taylor their points purely to counter the other side as much as possible and rely heavily on sensationalism and personal insults.

Examples above and below.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Gatecrasher53

It's pretty well established that seed economy is rather broken in this country. However, it's not nearly a monopoly or scandal to the extent that people seem to extrapolate it to. We can legislate the bad business out of agriculture if we turned the spotlight on it. GMO is just a technology that can be used for amazing benefits, but all power requires responsibility, and it's distribution has gone mostly unchecked.

The FDA found last year that crops in which received subsidy from the US that reported having to increase their pesticide use where people who were not rotating their crops. That's, like, Farming 101. Regardless of what miracle seed you think you're using, if you don't rotate crops then weeds will evolve. The issue is the US kept giving them corn subsidy year after year, so there was no incentive to rotate crops because you'd lose money.

The business side is an issue, not the GMO.
Last edited by JustRooster at Jul 2, 2016,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
who taylor their points

Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
The argument for "natural" is a silly one. I want my food lab-grown.

Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by Fat Lard
No, but I'm not Stupid.

I get it: it's more applicable to get discussion going from a neutral start, but we must still accept the Fact that the mouthbreathers will wain away any discourse that makes sense -- and, seeing as this has all been FDA-approved already -- we can bypass any negative discussion pertaining to the negative-GMO'ers, and focus on more pressing issues.
Quote by Fat Lard
As long as you're steering the discourse the Right way after the OP, JR, I'm cool with it

Counter bluff then? TX Holdem isn't a one-hand game

Saturdays are the best
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jul 2, 2016,
I'm against GMOs because I feel that they manipulate God's creatures unholyly and that's wrong. God made the world perfectly and we keep trying to change our genes to make up for previous mistakes. Praise Jesus!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
yeah label all the food people have a right to know where their food came from
Quote by kalypto
yeah label all the food people have a right to know where their food came from

And if you're against gmos and refuse to buy them you might as well starve out over the century.

Which is to say: Gmo the antigmoers
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jul 2, 2016,
i really dont know shit about gmos, but monsanto being involved with anything makes me wary.

that said, Milo Aukerman was apperently working on gmo corn or something so it can't be all that bad.

corn is tasty, hmu
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Huu

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Do Companies in the US have to prove their GMO food is safe and has no adverse effects on the local ecology? Cause they can indeed solve most of our issues but I am not against companies first having to go through proper trials.

Label gmo's as Tested and ok, tested and has adverse effects on environment, and not tested and not ok. Otherwise what is the point if you throw them on one pile.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jul 2, 2016,
Huu Jake

Also Neo
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Page 1 of 2