Im trying to find a 1x12 or 2x12 cab for my Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce 1. It has a 50watt and 100watt switch. I like the 100watt for a louder sound. So im looking for a cab with around 200watts or more, right? Somethin with v30's? I have a really important gig coming up in a couple weeks and dont have time to build one, plus I have never done it before. My budget is around 200-400$.

Thanks

Colin Romisher
(Psychic Relic)
V30's are only 60W. In a 1x12 you need something like an evm12L. Apparently Mesa do one in one of their thiele cabs.
You aint gonna get an evm12l for that money though.
Your best bet is a used 2x12 with V30's in it. That's 120W, that's fine.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I like Celestion k100's. they are actually probably my favorite celestion speaker at the moment.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I got this for my Mini Recto:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jet-City-Amplification/JCA12S-1x12-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet-100W-Black-Blue-1312390012861.gc

Very happy with it, especially for the $120 I paid for it. It is 100watt, but I think they are discontinued.
I'd say look for Eminence speakers if you want the high wattage 1x12, otherwise 2x12 with 70 watt Celestions will do.
One of the dirty little secrets of speakerdom isn't even listed in the "guitar" section of the Eminence website. The Delta Pro 12A is a 400W capable speaker that's usually listed in the Pro Audio section. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DELTAPRO12A?adpos=1o1&creative=114579642241&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjwzN27BRDFn9aAwLmH2yISJABWuEXcpAEG6nDzzdi-r9ouViExcoeYSX-ir4DYpcBslzSvpRoCvtLw_wcB

It's an excellent guitar speaker, and was originally designed as a replacement for the EV-L when that speaker was discontinued for a while. The bad news is that it's heavy; it's got a monster magnet (like the EV). After that, it's all good news. If you put it in a closed-back ported cabinet with the right amount of internal space, it'll work right down to 52Hz (most guitar speakers give up an octave above that). ERG guitar players, take note. But also note that if you want to take advantage of those specs, you'll want an amp that can take advantage of them, and a mere 100W tube amp may poop out (the speaker won't -- but the amp will) at higher volumes.
Thanks for the responses and links! I also saw this 2x12 Randall here 130watt with v30's, it looked nice but 450$. It has the v30's http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201301427131?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Diabolical, that Jet City JCA24s seems what I am looking for (more watts and is a lot cheaper), but doesnt have the v30's. I am new to speakers and cabs, but people have told me eminence doesnt necessarily mean good speakers. Also, do you know what this means? "100 watts RMS per channel for stereo operation" - listed in the specifications. And Im browsing through avatars right now.

Thanks for the help
Found another 2x12 Randall 140watt, but it has the Celestion V-Type speakers.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/randall-rd212-uv-2x12-upright-guitar-speaker-cabinet/j27360000002000

Also the 2x12 Avatars are really nice! And customizable on the website, but would than be running around 400-500$ for a 2x12 I cant afford that right now. I found a couple cheaper used ones. One is running WGS ET-90 speakers.

I have some options now! Would love to hear anyones advice on which one they would go for and why.
Yeah I'm thinking you'll either need to find a good price on a used 212 (Mesa, Orange, maybe Marshall, Vader, etc.), get an empty 112 and buy a speaker separate (the Delta Pro Dspellman mentioned would be my pick, or Eminences new EVM-alike), or move into the 412 realm, which can frequently be found as cheaper or cheaper than a good 212. If you are going 412 you could also look at Carvin Legacy cabs
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by colinromusic3

people have told me eminence doesnt necessarily mean good speakers.

"People?"
And these are people you trust?
Quote by dspellman
"People?"
And these are people you trust?

To be fair that is true, but that is also true of Celestion. I mean, there are some Eminence speakers that are kind of meh, but then again there are some pretty freakin' sweet ones.
Quote by dementiacaptain
To be fair that is true, but that is also true of Celestion. I mean, there are some Eminence speakers that are kind of meh, but then again there are some pretty freakin' sweet ones.

I've learned that people who decry entire manufacturers' product lines are frequently high on the Bozo charts, and they get put on the "ignore" list pretty quickly.

Most people have never heard a Delta ProA and/or wouldn't know that they have when they do. These aren't specifically "guitar" speakers. They were originally designed to fill in for the EV-L, and they have the same power handling and magnet size (*big*). It's surprising how many really good speakers hide in places other than "guitar" listings.

For example, the Eminence Kappalite 3015LF, 3012LF, 3010LF and several others are outstanding low frequency drivers capable of handling hundreds of watts. These days they show up a lot in fairly expensive bass cabinets and PA systems/subwoofers. Same goes for 18Sound products, which are pretty much unknown in the US among guitar players. Ditto Faital. These are the basis for some extraordinarily high-wattage handling speaker cabinets for bass, keyboards and modeled guitar that also allow very lightweight cabinets to be produced. I have two pair of such cabinets (custom-built for $1100-1200 each), and each cabinet is capable of handling up around 900W RMS.

Meanwhile, most guitarists are stuck in half a century ago.
There's nothing wrong with emi Legends (V1216) either if you are chasing a SLO tone, they're 120W.
And I have four 15" PA cabs. Two have JBL's and two have emi's. I actually prefer the sound from the eminences.

Anybody that shit cans ALL emi's has their head up their arse.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by dspellman
I've learned that people who decry entire manufacturers' product lines are frequently high on the Bozo charts, and they get put on the "ignore" list pretty quickly.

Most people have never heard a Delta ProA and/or wouldn't know that they have when they do. These aren't specifically "guitar" speakers. They were originally designed to fill in for the EV-L, and they have the same power handling and magnet size (*big*). It's surprising how many really good speakers hide in places other than "guitar" listings.

For example, the Eminence Kappalite 3015LF, 3012LF, 3010LF and several others are outstanding low frequency drivers capable of handling hundreds of watts. These days they show up a lot in fairly expensive bass cabinets and PA systems/subwoofers. Same goes for 18Sound products, which are pretty much unknown in the US among guitar players. Ditto Faital. These are the basis for some extraordinarily high-wattage handling speaker cabinets for bass, keyboards and modeled guitar that also allow very lightweight cabinets to be produced. I have two pair of such cabinets (custom-built for $1100-1200 each), and each cabinet is capable of handling up around 900W RMS.

Meanwhile, most guitarists are stuck in half a century ago.

It's funny to me that one of the most beloved speakers among guitarists, the EVM-12L, has a fairly flat response and is suitable for PA needs as well.
Quote by dementiacaptain
It's funny to me that one of the most beloved speakers among guitarists, the EVM-12L, has a fairly flat response and is suitable for PA needs as well.

Puzzackly. The opening of new tube sources in the early 70's changed everything (locked it firmly into '69). Things were going a whole different direction (my old '71 cabinet with two Altec 15" speakers and a horn mids/tweeter sez...) until then.
For high power speaker applications: EVM 12L, JBL D130, Altec 417 if you can find them, and many of Emi speakers including Legends, Delta Pro, Patriots, and Redcoats. I have used most of them over the years and the only downside is most are pretty heavy with huge magnets. I have really scaled down my wattage requirements recently and sold off most of the high powered stuff in favor of small, light, tone machines.

Good luck in your quest.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY