My Vox AD50VT died on me yesterday.

I was noodling away and then the volume just started reducing to nothing. Never had an amp fail on me before. This one is over 10 years old now and has never had any maintenance. Could this be the valve failing? Or something else? I'm happy enough with a multimeter and solder iron to fix anything but looking for any one with some experience to point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

I would check the fuses first.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I just went to confirm my memory that all the lights still came on. They do. Also it's working perfectly again. How bizarre. Something must be on it's way out though.

Quote by Blayney
I just went to confirm my memory that all the lights still came on. They do. Also it's working perfectly again. How bizarre. Something must be on it's way out though.

are you sure you didn't just accidentally hit a knob/button? that has happened to me a few times in my life. lol.

if it is intermittent I would start saving money for something new if it were to go.

either way at least it is working now. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I did question myself on that one! When I happened it changed guitar and confirmed that both the master volume, and the power knobs were set properly.

You might be right on a new amp... it's a good excuse anyway!

Last edited by Blayney at Jul 2, 2016,
One other possibility is that there's a 12AX7 preamp tube in that amp that might be on its way out. Good news is that they're reasonably cheap and available all over the place. Just a matter of taking the back off and swapping it out.