Hi there

I am hesitated between these two categories in the subject... what do you think?

To make it more particular, I am comparing Jackson DKMG to E-II Horizon. In addition to the overall quality of built of each guitar, I am concerned about the tremolo bridge used in each of them.

Can anyone help?
Guitars:___________________________
'12 Gibson 1958 Standard Reissue
'14 Fender American Special Stratocaster
'14 Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster
'05 Ibanez RG320FM

Amp:__________
Laney IRT Studio

Guitar Effects:_____________________
Boss GT-8 Guitar Multi Effects Processor
Dunlop Original CryBaby Wah
TC Electronic FlashBack Delay
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
JHS Little Black Amp Box
Aren't they pretty damn far from each other in price? Yeah they are, DKMG retailed around 750 euros if I recall correctly and E II Horizon is shooting around 2000 euros. Dude, you can't compare them. But to answer your question... Other has EMGs, other comes with Seymour Duncan or EMGs. The other has a Jackson licensed FR, the other an original Floyd Rose. The Jackson has been built with a set price point, which will affect the woods of choice and the amount of hand labour, with the ESP, this hasn't been much of a problem. Thus, ESP E-II is gonna be pretty far in quality as well, but it's at least double the price. Not really a fair comparison...
Now, Jackson used to have SL-3 that was made in Japan still in 2000s, but Jackson used to make a lot of really good quality guitars in Japan for a long time.

If you really want Japanese craftsmanship, you could check FGN, Caparison and Ibanez. Some names are escaping my mind right now, I know..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Jul 2, 2016,
Quote by Sakke
Aren't they pretty damn far from each other in price? Yeah they are, DKMG retailed around 750 euros if I recall correctly and E II Horizon is shooting around 2000 euros. Dude, you can't compare them. But to answer your question... Other has EMGs, other comes with Seymour Duncan or EMGs. The other has a Jackson licensed FR, the other an original Floyd Rose. The Jackson has been built with a set price point, which will affect the woods of choice and the amount of hand labour, with the ESP, this hasn't been much of a problem. Thus, ESP E-II is gonna be pretty far in quality as well, but it's at least double the price. Not really a fair comparison...
Now, Jackson used to have SL-3 that was made in Japan still in 2000s, but Jackson used to make a lot of really good quality guitars in Japan for a long time.

If you really want Japanese craftsmanship, you could check FGN, Caparison and Ibanez. Some names are escaping my mind right now, I know..

Thanks dude... I am looking for E-II horizon but that jackson was listed locally with an attractive price.. made in Japan so I thought it may be a hunt.. seems like it is not !

I already have Ibanez RG which I am thinking of upgrading to Prestige.. but this is a different call Now I am trying to find something for heavy metal and I feel like ESP and Jackson are damn cool in this..

So I think I am back to original focus.. E-II Horizon
'05 Ibanez RG320FM

Laney IRT Studio

JHS Little Black Amp Box
Quote by mockbel
Thanks dude... I am looking for E-II horizon but that jackson was listed locally with an attractive price.. made in Japan so I thought it may be a hunt.. seems like it is not !

I already have Ibanez RG which I am thinking of upgrading to Prestige.. but this is a different call Now I am trying to find something for heavy metal and I feel like ESP and Jackson are damn cool in this..

So I think I am back to original focus.. E-II Horizon

With that new price tag, I'd rather go for a Caparison.. http://www.caparisonguitars.com/en/ Horus, Dellinger or even TAT.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Jul 2, 2016,
Quote by Sakke
With that new price tag, I'd rather go for a Caparison.. http://www.caparisonguitars.com/en/ Horus, Dellinger or even TAT.

new brand to me.... why should i consider it over esp e-ii ?
'05 Ibanez RG320FM

Laney IRT Studio

JHS Little Black Amp Box
while mij Jacksons are very nice, i have had three and loved them, they aren't what I would put against an ESP (haven't tried an E II, assuming like the old standards are the same quality).

I played a fantastic USA Jackson soloist a few weeks ago. I would have taken it home if i was in the market for one. I would take that over the ESP's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
while mij Jacksons are very nice, i have had three and loved them, they aren't what I would put against an ESP (haven't tried an E II, assuming like the old standards are the same quality).

I played a fantastic USA Jackson soloist a few weeks ago. I would have taken it home if i was in the market for one. I would take that over the ESP's.

Jackson USA are awesome no doubt.. they can be compared to ESP Original rather than Standard (currently E-II)... However, same as ESP Original, Jackson USA would be too expensive to me even used !
'05 Ibanez RG320FM

Laney IRT Studio

JHS Little Black Amp Box
what is your budget?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup

+1. I'd have said the ESPs were a step up, especially over the bolt-on MIJ Jacksons (the neck-thru MIJ Jacksons are a bit higher quality I think).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by trashedlostfdup
what is your budget?

Around $1000
'05 Ibanez RG320FM

Laney IRT Studio

JHS Little Black Amp Box
fuck USA jacksons were more expensive than i remembered.

where are you located? used ok? etc.

i would go with the E-II then.

a bit different, but have you considered music man?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
fuck USA jacksons were more expensive than i remembered.

where are you located? used ok? etc.

i would go with the E-II then.

a bit different, but have you considered music man?

I am in Egypt.. very limited choices

We have ESP and Ibanez dealers here so I can get them new.. there is a used MM JPXI offered locally for sale but for around $2500 .. it is 22,000 Egyptian Pounds which is too much.. besides my current Ibanez already has JP Dimarzio set.. I am more into heavy metal machine with EMGs.. One step closer to the E-II I guess... I just wish to catch a used one to save big time !
'05 Ibanez RG320FM

Laney IRT Studio

JHS Little Black Amp Box
mockbel

You can check eBay for B-Stock and see if the seller ships to you.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .