I have a Diezel Herbert plugged into a custom 4x12 and a fender twin amp combo open back 2x12... what type of setup could get me a crunch tone that would be in the middle of these 2 amps?

- Thanks
JCM800 2203/4
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Splawn Nitro/qr/pm
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Cathbard
JCM800 2203/4

yeah something marshally i'd have thought too.

maybe something voxy if you want slightly more on the lower gain end of things.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You could get a Morgan 30/800 if you want a blend of the AC30 and JCM 800. Kinda pricey though. AC30 or JCM 800 are both solid recommendations.

Budget is the key here, among other matters. We could recommend all kinds of absurd things. What are you looking to spend. Are you looking for a head or combo? Do you need something like an effects loop, or multiple channels? Give us some extra information
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
ThunderPunk My budget is up in the air... meaning - the higher the price the longer it would take me to get it.

I'm trying to downsize the amount of gear (mainly pedals) I have so I can get some other stuff that I'll actually use & modify/rearrange the stuff I want to keep (I'll probably make another thread asking a question about that).

Some of the amps that I'm most interested in at the moment are the Supro Thunderbolt & Coronando, Fender Tweed 2x12 variations (like the EC and Twin 57 reissue and the Victoria stuff), Bogner XTC 101, Friedman BE100, Wizard VC... But I'm leaning towards the idea of a combo tweed with Gibson LP or 335 lol the only problem with that idea is I'd have to get a guitar as well. :/
since you seem to have no problem rolling with high dollar items, those friedman amps are absolutely gorgeous sounding, the splawn above is a good choice if you want something with a little more umph, but it sounds like you want something on the mellow side of marshall.

otherwise if you're not looking to go too all out on something with a big price tag i don't think anyone has ever regretted owning an AC30.
Splawn QR/PM are known for high gain, but in gear one od2 with the gain down nails the mid gain Marshall tone.

Have you looked into budda, bogner shiva, etc.?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The Splawns, Bogners, Friedmans, etc. are all high gain amps. They have a British voicing, but I wouldn't say what they are best at would really be in between what your current amps do.

Fargen makes some Marshall type amps which are more flexible, and about the same price as a JCM 800. The JCM will offer something completely unique and awesome to go along with your current arsenal. Go with that if you want a more gainy, aggressive crunch, and the Vox if you want something more mellow.
Fuck all this bollocks. If you've got the money to spend, find a vertical input JCM800 2203. Or even a JMP 2203 if you can find one. The last real Marshalls, before the bean counters took over.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I dunno why, but the PRS Avatar 100 comes to mind.

In your situation, I'd probably grab a matchless avalon and a drive pedal to taste.

Marshalls are great, but tend to be more on the "one trick pony" side of the fence for me.
Quote by Cathbard
Fuck all this bollocks. If you've got the money to spend, find a vertical input JCM800 2203. Or even a JMP 2203 if you can find one. The last real Marshalls, before the bean counters took over.

I tried dozens upon dozens of amps - and Cathbard is 100% on point. The 2203 ans 2204 models are seriously the best that that sound. I ended up buying one. The Orange Dual Terror was high on my list, (portability and voicing) but in the end, I bought the JMP. You may not feel as "I Gotta Have It" as I do, but there's a reason that the early 800's are sought after, and when I heard it, I knew.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by bob493

Marshalls are great, but tend to be more on the "one trick pony" side of the fence for me.
Isn't that what he asked for?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Isn't that what he asked for?

Its not that it wont do what he asked. It's just that it will ONLY do what he asked. The other amps I recommended will do what he wants AND be able to do other things.