I'm more than a bit backward when it comes to new technology (is there such a thing as "smartphonophobia"?), so this might be old news to most of you. - I've just discovered the value of the "half speed" option on Youtube. I've been struggling with one tricky piece for months, and I recently found a vid of it that shows the fingering quite clearly. Playing it at half speeding has turned out to be much more informative than the tab and instructional vids I've found of the same thing.

Try it and see.

The quarter speed option does give any sound for some reason. Is it just my computer?
didn't know that. thanks for the info

quarter speed's getting me no sound either
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Tony Done
Transcribe (www.seventhstring.com) lets you play video, slow it down, while keeping the pitch the same (but you can pitch shift it as well, which is great if you're in standard tuning and a track has been recorded dropped a semitone, say) Tried it just now, and went down to 25% speed.
Last edited by jerrykramskoy at Jul 4, 2016,
Quote by jerrykramskoy
Tony Done
Transcribe (www.seventhstring.com) lets you play video, slow it down, while keeping the pitch the same (but you can pitch shift it as well, which is great if you're in standard tuning and a track has been recorded dropped a semitone, say) Tried it just now, and went down to 25% speed.

Thanks, I've heard of things like that, but didn't know their names. I've been doing sound-only (pitch shifting, tempo etc) for a long time, but being able to watch at the same time is great.