Talk about the Preacher comic books and TV series here!

That is if anyone's actually watching it.

Alright, so I believe it was cornmancer (wherever he is now) that strongly recommended the Preacher comic series to me a long while back.

I finished the entire series about a year or two ago and I absolutely loved it.

I was very much excited when I heard it was being adapted (for the 2nd or 3rd time) for TV, but I was a little bit skeptical because I haven't exactly been happy with AMC's handling of other things (The Walking Dead).

Anyway I finally caught up with all the episodes I was behind on and I'm not really impressed at this point. Something about the pacing just seems off. It's just been way too slow for 6 episodes now.

I'm still holding out hope though. I get the feeling it could all be part of the setup for the bigger reveal, much like the comics, although spread out across the first season.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
the total lack of responses speaks volumes.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
i knew you had at least started watching it.

do yourself a favor tho and check out the comics when you get a chance.

i'm not too impressed with what they've got going on with Jesse right now. the whole direction his character's been going now is like they've made an entirely new character.

i try not to make comparisons to source material like this anymore, but it's pretty glaring when 1/3 of the main cast of an adaptation is behaving entirely different than established.

i just have my fingers crossed that they're doing some kind of (unnecessary) origin/background buildup before they pull the rug out from under the whole thing for the last few episodes/finale. i can see hints of it, but i don't wanna get my hopes up too much.
I'll check it out soon.

I'm not really too concerned about original material, but what they're doing really isn't working so far. Still, it's the first season.
The comics were decent but the themes weren't quite for me, so I never really got into them back in the day. Mostly just read a few of the tpbs because I really like Ennis and Dillon's work in general.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I'll check it out soon.

I'm not really too concerned about original material, but what they're doing really isn't working so far. Still, it's the first season.
that's one of the issues i'm having, too. they haven't done a great job developing it for an audience that hasn't read the source material.

i understand a lot of what's going on and who the characters are, but i'm very much aware that most people have been left entirely in the dark and i could understand why they'd have stopped bothering to watch at this point. i can see the characters for who they are and the developing plotlines, but again, i have some insight into this stuff.

theguitarista lot of the religious themes really hit the nail on the head in terms of my beliefs. first time i'd ever seen something describe how i'd actually felt for years.

got me into Ennis' stuff, too. trying to work my way up to his Hellblazer run. i think a few of you in the comic thread told me to just skip to his stuff, but i'm weird about comic books and wanting to read things in some semblance of a chronological order.

definitely need to get some of the Punisher stuff they did, too.