For some reason my metalzone mt2 pedal has drastically reduced its distortion.
Anyone have any ideas why?
It was fine a few days ago
Please tell me you've checked the battery.
Quote by Fat Lard
post of the year, thank you
JimjambanxJimjambanx
Yes i have a power supply, the red check light is on.
It distorts the guitar but only slightly
Check everything in your signal path, the cable, the power supply, the amp, the guitar etc. If it is just the pedal, fiddle with the controls, ramp up the gain as high as possible and see how much it distorts, if it's still barely at all, it may be a circuit board short.
Quote by Fat Lard
Jimjambanx
Ok, looks like it might be a short then. I've swapped all my leads. Amps fine too. Played wjth the pedal a bit to no success.
Thanks man
I'd personally look into a nicer pedal, but that's just because I can't stand the sound of the metalzone haha.
Quote by Fat Lard
^
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
maybe it did you a favor. boss metalzone .
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Good reason to get a new one. I'm a big fan of the MI Audio Crunch Box, Suhr Riot (the Joyo US Dream is a good generic Riot clone on the cheap) and lately I been really digging a Radial Tone Bone Distortion Classic, which may be my new favorite distortion pedal.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Good reason to get a new one. I'm a big fan of the MI Audio Crunch Box, Suhr Riot (the Joyo US Dream is a good generic Riot clone on the cheap) and lately I been really digging a Radial Tone Bone Distortion Classic, which may be my new favorite distortion pedal.

i like m MI audio blues pro a lot. haven't tried the crunch box though.

i would look into cmatmods line myself. i have a few of their pedals.

my current obsession is zvex, but they aren't for the faint of heart
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I agree, the Metal Zone sucks elephant sized balls - in its stock version. But a very modest investment can make it sound decent, hell, even good! I´m talking about modding it - if you, or anyone around you, can use a soldering iron. There are numerous mods all over the web. I have tried the "Diezel" mod, plus my tech has added a couple of further changes to that mod and the result is really surprisingly good. I can´t post a link here, but if you are interested, just PM me and I will send you the instructions for my "Modded Diezel mod" - for free, of course.
B.C. Rich, Cort, Engl, Engl, Engl, Epiphone, Epiphone, Fender, Fender, Gallien-Krueger, Gallien-Krueger, Ibanez, Ibanez, Ibanez, KRK, KRK, KRK, Laney, Line6, Michael Kelly, Schecter, VHT, Yamaha....