Page 1 of 2
It occurred to me that the old thread will completely die now since it won't show up on your page unless it is stickied, so here's the new one, most likely destined to end up as me posting songs to myself as the old one has.

Since 1986 was such a glorious year for thrash metal, there are many classics coming up on their 30th birthday this year. Here's a few:

and because it's funny:

let's have a thrash revival on this forum (no relation to that vapid nonsense from a few years back like Warbringer and Evile)
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Holy fuck you weren't kidding. 1986 had an impressive amount of quality demo releases...and some big name ones you forgot!

or we can just talk about how killer Dark Angel are.
I posted a couple of times, but the post doesn't show up....then I posted again it says you can't post within 25 seconds..wtf? I bet now multiple posts will show up somehow.

edit: exactly what happened....3 in a row. crazy.
Last edited by elatihc at Jul 5, 2016,

Decade plus down the line, and knocking back some beers with a copy of By Inheritance is still the greatest fucking thing ever.

I'd always known '86 was supposed to have been the year for thrash, but I'd always taken that idea with a grain of salt, given that the only three of the big four worth a fuck all released a record that year. I'd never actually given thought to just how many killer records came out that year.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
great but Released - August 1, 1988

or if you just posted it as Coroner worship, I take that back and bow down
Quote by elatihc
great but Released - August 1, 1988

or if you just posted it as Coroner worship, I take that back and bow down
Pure Coroner worship my friend, release date was irrelevant.

86 was a killer fuckin year, though.
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Jul 7, 2016,
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Quote by progbass
No Morbid Saint. This thread is lame

There ya go

Demolition Hammer is the shit. Kreator PTK and Endless Pain are the best everything else shite. Sodom, only In The Sign of Evil is worth it. Artillery fuck yeah! Metallica and Megadeth sucks. Fuck new wave of thrash metal. *inser obscure band from youtube* is a masterpiece.

That sums up the thrash threads.
Quote by Dotpunker89
Demolition Hammer is the shit. Kreator PTK and Endless Pain are the best everything else shite. Sodom, only In The Sign of Evil is worth it. Artillery fuck yeah! Metallica and Megadeth sucks. Fuck new wave of thrash metal. *inser obscure band from youtube* is a masterpiece.

That sums up the thrash threads.
Thank you for your contribution.
Uhm. Persecution Mania is amazing.

Thread needs crossover love. Fearless Iranians from Hell, DRI, Cryptic Slaughter, etc
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Japan crossover is the best

Quote by progbass
Thread needs crossover love. Fearless Iranians from Hell, DRI, Cryptic Slaughter, etc

My 3 yr old loves Thrashard and moshes to it

^Watching ST in October supporting Megadeth (Metal Church and Amon Amarth also playing)

right now listening to this, hadn't gotten around to this, they have a new album out soon- hope to see them live sometime..

A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
This thread is YouTube hell for my internet, haha.

MHDrunk, here is the DMU stance on thrash metal vs. speed metal. It was linked in a recent article on Sodom there, and I figured that I would share it here since we discussed the matter briefly in another thread.
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Sep 20, 2016,
^I read that thing...although it tries to differentiate the them nicely, the more normally accepted terminology of thrash vs crossover is simpler.
Speaking of which, not thrash or crossover but I got tickets to see Bad Religion next month and I'm hella excited
HESSIAN HAREM
wtf lots of new albums out, I relied on this forum/thrash thread to keep me in the know

just found out these two!

Quote by Dotpunker89
*inser obscure band from youtube* is a masterpiece.

I hate you. If I could shove my records of these "bands from youtube" down your stupid throat I would. But since I can't, we're forced to use YouTube, Bandcamp etc. And obsure? I see Bulldozer, Razor, Assassin... are these obscure?!

Bands from YouTube my fucking ass.

Thrashing to Cryptic Slaughter today.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Elatihc good sir! Are you aware of the teachings of Rattblack, Antichrist and Expander?

https://rattblackofficial.bandcamp.com/releases
https://electricassaultrecords.bandcamp.com/album/burned-beyond-recognition
https://expander.bandcamp.com/album/expander

Rattblack are crossover, Antichrist are total frenzied death thrash with demented vocals, and Expander fuse hardcore with thrash beautifully.
Money talks is a great thrasher.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON I FEEL LIKE IM DEAD
HESSIAN HAREM
For ultra fans of Show No Mercy

A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
^ Gonna give that a go sometime today hopefully. We all know Show No Mercy is the greatest thrash album of all time

Quote by elatihc
wtf lots of new albums out, I relied on this forum/thrash thread to keep me in the know

just found out these two!

Ah I'm the least up-to-date guy in this whole forum haha

Quote by severed-metal
Elatihc good sir! Are you aware of the teachings of Rattblack, Antichrist and Expander?

will definitely listen to this tomorrow...today was moving day and I'm tired as hell.....although still found time to listen to some sweet D.R.I - Thrash Zone to be precise
Checked out the bands mentioned by severed above...Antichrist seems exactly the way you described - I also got a Hellish Crossfire vibe and a bit of early Destruction. Rattblack, the only song I listened to had a horrible video with 2 girls dancing for no obvious reason but still decent crossover I guess...speaking of which, anyone heard this new one?

Eh, ST ended at L.C.R for me. New track left nothing of an impression on me. I'm not the hugest fan of crossover to begin with, but eh. Is ok.
^I guess you are right...

I'm not a huge crossover fan like you,but I did catch Iron Reagan live - was fun!
Looking forward to a D.R.I show this winter too.
new suicidal blows man. they've spun that a few times on liquidmetal

mid-new suicidal also blows. (lights camera was pretty classic though.)

Quote by elatihc
^Watching ST in October supporting Megadeth (Metal Church and Amon Amarth also playing)

right now listening to this, hadn't gotten around to this, they have a new album out soon- hope to see them live sometime..

Ironbound is really solid if you haven't heard it.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Page 1 of 2