Hi all,

I am looking at buying a battery powered amplifier for traveling around with, and a bit of busking...
They need to have 2 inputs, for a microphone and a guitar.

So far I have found these:

• Fender Passport Mini
• Vox Soundbox Mini
• Vox Mini 3
• Roland Mobile Cube

Which out of these would be best?

So far, the Fender Passport Mini seems like it would be best, as it has an XLR input. But it's also the biggest and heaviest, so the others may be better due to less weight to carry around.

Are there any others on the market that I have missed?

Thanks in advance!

Lee
I've tried a few but the best sound out of a battery amp i've gotten from my pignose amp...
Its 1 input but you can use a jack split in reverse (they are like 3 euro)...
Last edited by Vincesax at Jul 4, 2016,
Quote by Vincesax
I've tried a few but the best sound out of a battery amp i've gotten from my pignose amp...
Its 1 input but you can use a jack split in reverse (they are like 3 euro)...

Thank you, Vincesax. I hadn't thought about using a jack split. That's a great idea, thank you. I'll have a look at the Pignose now!
dumb idea. Any distortion from the amp will also be on the vocals.
I quite like the Cube.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Would a Yamaha THR10/5 be out of your budget?
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Quote by Cathbard
dumb idea. Any distortion from the amp will also be on the vocals.
I quite like the Cube.

Yeah, that would be a problem.. Although after looking at the Pignose, it doesn't look like it has any effects or anything anyway. I'm not sure that's the one!

Quote by 2Crosser
Would a Yamaha THR10/5 be out of your budget?

The Yamaha is just in budget yeah, but it only has one input. I'm primarily a singer, so vocals are really important. Should have maybe mentioned that.

Thanks for your help so far peoples!
There are a number of battery powered Pignoseseses. I have a 20W version that has (I'm thinking) a 5 or 6.5" speaker, and you can actually get nearly 8 hours of playing time on the lead-acid batteries that are inside. There's a 30W version with a larger speaker as well. Not much in the way of FX.

The best busking setup I've found is the Carvin StageMate S400D. No longer available, but they appear on eBay. 100W will run about 3 hours. Very wide-range system with a mini-mixer on the back for keys, bass, vocals, guitar. FX built in. And it's already set up to go up on a stand (and there's an extension speaker available that's identical to the base unit in size, but without the power and controls). The lead-acid battery is replaceable (and still available new), so you can have an extra one charged and ready to slide in if/when the first one poops out -- then put that one on charge somewhere while you're playing.

And no, that's not me.
Last edited by dspellman at Jul 4, 2016,