I realize this is a moot thread as I'm already online and can search to my heart's content, but I think experience could help a lot more in this question: Know of any good wood locations in north western Ohio? There's Steve's Hardwoods in Bucyrus that's close by for mahogany and the like but last I checked they don't have a lot of figured woods for tops and the like. I got lucky with a pieced of burled maple a few years ago, but now that I'm going to start building I'd like a good source without spending an arm and a leg on stew-mac for figured tops.

And while we're at it, what would be a good source for pre-made necks. I know warmoth is very reputable but for my first few builds I'd like to start with something a bit cheaper until I get all my construction flaws out of the way.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Update: Steve's Hardwoods actually has a stack of bookmatched quilt maple tops. They'd be a good supplier of basswood as well which I think I'll use for my first builds. But, I've also been thinking about making an all hickory guitar and making it very thin to offset the weight of the wood.

I digress, slightly off topic at this point but does anyone have experience with the EDEN necks seen on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDEN-Paddle-Guitar-Neck-Rosewood-Maple-22-Jumbo-Frets-Block-Inlay-Unfinished-/152096601893?hash=item2369a9f725:g:nAwAAOSwiJFXPhrx

Last time I ordered a Chinese neck they didn't glue the fret board down. Only that tacks holding the inlays in place kept the fret board in place, so when I tried to adjust my action it split the fret board off the rest of the neck the first 3 frets and unseated the nut. That was not a nice present to come home from work to.
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
I am from the akron/Canton Area. I know of a few places:
Keim Lumber has some nice woods but it is out in Pearl Valley
Terry Lumber is a nice source for Cedar, and maybe other things it is located in Cuyahoga Falls ohio.
Graves lumber in Akron seems to be good for Oak, Redwood, and some other domestics

Otherwise, I check craigslist, and at last resort buy wood from eBay.

As for necks, the cheapest way is to make your own, otherwise check out LMII, and Stewmac

goodluck!
I've thought about making my own necks, but didn't want to bite off more than I could chew. I made one guitar my junior year in shop class and horribly screwed up the neck cavity. I'm trying to do a couple builds to get my construction and basic finishing before I try anything too extravagant. Thanks for the sources though, my house is built out of cedar, ash and hickory so those three always appealed to me
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Avoid Eden necks. I had a Telecaster neck that warped, and I've read that other people have had the same problem. They're pretty low quality anyways.

Stew-Mac and Mighty Mite are the only ones that I can think of with a decent reputation and cheaper than Warmoth.

For figured tops, check out http://tonewood.com/guitar-wood/solid-body-electric-guitar-woods.html
And if you're looking for domestic hardwoods, check with local cabinet shops and custom furniture shops. They sometimes have remnants of hickory, ash, walnut etc. that's too small for their work.