I just did my first major guitar modification this past weekend, and installed a Seymour Duncan Nazgul pickup in the bridge position of my Ibanez RG8. I'd never done a pickup install before, but the entire process to do it was extremely straightforward, and presented zero issues at all, though I did have to use a Dremel router to route out the corners of the pickup mounting hole a little bit.

But then, when I put the strings on, I saw THIS monstrosity:

Notice how the bridge is about 1-2 mm too far to the treble side? I had always wondered why I had so much space between the edge of the fretboard and the low string and so little for the high string (enough to actually make the string pop off the fretboard if I even so much as looked at it the wrong way), but I never really looked that hard at the bridge in the ~14 months or so that I've owned the guitar. Needless to say, I felt incredibly stupid and sick to my stomach when I realized just how badly it was askew. Kind of something you'd think I'd have noticed the day I was buying the damn thing, not a year plus change later...

No matter, though. Just a simple matter of removing the bridge, filling the screw holes, drilling some new ones a little more properly centered, and re-installing the bridge. So here's a couple of progress shots of that:

A "during repair" shot:

And the finished repair:

Well, that's Indonesian Ibanez quality control for you. I'm just lucky it was that easy to fix, and not something horribly wrong with the entire guitar. So now, it's almost like I have a brand new guitar again, this time for real.

Also, the new pickup sounds AMAZING. Can't wait to pair it with a Seymour Duncan Sentient in the neck
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Last edited by travislausch at Jul 4, 2016,
Quote by Ippon
You'd love the Sentient.

Good to know! The install was a lot easier than I thought it'd be, too.

Here's a cover I recorded with it. Yeah, it's Boston, but since my dad did the bulk of the pickup install work, I thought I'd thank him with a song :P

Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.