Hi! I just stepped on my cable and broke the input jack for my Peavey Vypyr VIP 1. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a replacement from and how hard it would be to replace myself. Thanks!
that's an amp (not a guitar - right?)... so any electronics part shop will have a new jack that simply pushes into place and then you screw the nut on to secure...

now the hard part... you have to solder 2 wires into place for it to work...
Yes, it's on amp. The jack is attached to a little board and then the cable to connects that to rest of the amp, just snaps into the little board. So I don't think I'll need to solder any wires, just the jack.
i would shoot peavey an email. there have been a few times that i have contacted a manufacturer about a small part and they sent one out to me free or cheap, kind of the 'we have one sitting around' type thing.

a picture would help tremendously. there are lots of board mounted jacks you can buy, the more details the better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/