what should i buy

a cheap amp (like Boston GA10)

or

Real Tone Cable (and rocksmith 2014) ?
I think you should better ask the community, dude
Rock on!

Moved to Guitar Gear & Accessories
Ultimate Guitar official Support Portal
If you create a ticket by contacting the Support Team directly at forum-support[@]ultimate-guitar.com you'll receive a personal answer by email within 24 hours.

It would help to know your budget, location, kind of music/tones you like and if youre willing to buy used or not.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
For just starting out I think Rocksmith is a great idea, especially when it's used to supplement an actual real human guitar teacher who can correct technique and help your growth.

You can preload tones that sound literally just like the album.

It's what $40? Go for it.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
With the right setup, Rocksmith can sound pretty decent.

Ideally, you'd want to use external speakers or a decent set of over-ear headphones. Wireless stuff can introduce very noticeable audio lag, though, so try and avoid that.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I'd go with Rocksmith. I had a couple of false starts playing guitar and bass, Rocksmith 2014 gave it the structure I needed to stick with it. Realtone cables are hard to come by right now, if you're planning on playing on Steam it might be cheaper to buy a console version bundled with the cable. I bought the XBox 360 version and it was less expensive than the cable alone.
It depends can you play with your amp on (not a fan of using headphones while playing on amp) or not? If you can rock it at 11 buy amp, if not buy RS2014.
You should be aware that by now there is almost every song on RS (as custom dlc) that you could probably want to play so don't shake your head over song choice and genre span.
How often have we chased the dream of progress, only to see that dream perverted?
More often than not, haven't the machines we built to improve life shattered the lives of millions?
And now we want to turn that dream on ourselves, to fundamentally improve who we are.
Experience has shown me how dangerous that can be.