I'm more of a KOBALT person

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at Jul 6, 2016,
I worked at The Home Depot one summer.
I don't think they liked me 'cuz I didn't get anyone to open a credit card.
The feeling was mutual.
I've owned a Rigid Hammer drill and impact driver. Heavy duty, but heavy. If you are doing work in the air it is fatiguing. I use Makita now.
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
I'm more of a KOBALT person

I don't know though, man... Are they as durable as RIGIDs are? The Lifetime Warranty guarantee makes me think that they have a more solid, durable constitution than your other typical drills, and the reviews for them look pretty good:

https://www.amazon.com/RIDGID-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Impact/dp/B00FQVTGCG

Is KOBALT's drill-bit selection pretty all-encompassing? Still haven't made up my mind on which drill would best suit me at the moment
Also, Rigid and Ryobi are both made by the company that makes Milwaukee, so there is some quality there.
Quote by sashki
I have some Bosch tools and they're ok. I don't know enough about drills to understand what makes some better than others.

>2016
>having multiple tools instead of one all-in-one tool to save garage space

Are you serious??
RIDGID. POWERFUL, DURABLE, PROFESSIONAL... AN EXPENSIVE HANDHELD METAPHOR FOR YOUR FALTERING MASCULINE IDENTITY IN MIDDLE AGE.

RIDGID
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
IDK Rigid looks pretty badass to me batteries for life hell yeah, TBH I have a Craftsman cordless and it is pretty meh

It is my second one the first was a gift from my mom the second a gift from my wife, I may just have to invest in one of these especially if they are made by the same company that makes Milwaukee
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I've seen about every brand of these things sold at home depot and lowes (except bosch) used on jobs and never really heard anyone say anything bad about them. all these things are built pretty well from what I've seen. I have the Milwaukee M12 set and like it. My brothers had a Ryobi set for 15+ years and wore out and replaced three sets of batteries on it, but the impact and drill themselves still kick.

just stay away from cheap no name
how many movements do you have going on, psychotic ?
Quote by Bass Builder
Also, Rigid and Ryobi are both made by the company that makes Milwaukee, so there is some quality there.

makes milwaukees best lightbeer? oh gawd i hope im thinking of a different company lol :P
I will prolly pay people when I need something done that requires tools.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
its probably a piece of shit.

i made the mistake of buying a black & decker one that looked like that a few years ago.

pos motor burned out trying to drive a screw into a stud for a tv mount.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
>drill

>screw
>stud
>mount

hawt
Quote by Skibolky
went to talk to a recruiter today (it went mehh but new opportunities arose after so ehh) and was by the Apple store mall. Mum needed some iPhone 6S usb thing so I went to get it, but guess what: friggin' got the male part of the usb cord when she needed the female part! Still have the receipt though (bookkeeping habits ftw), and no way in hell am I not storming back in there to get the $31 refund though
i don't use drills enough to care about drills.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I don't have any use for drills, but I do have other cool tools. Like this really cool, professional looking crimping tool. And these cool ratcheting open end wrenches. And two big tire spoons.
Quote by Fat Lard
>2016

Are you serious??

>Current Year
>Falling for marketing gimmicks
>Buying a tool that's shit at many things instead of being good at one
>Writing like this
Quote by sashki
>Current Year
>Falling for marketing gimmicks
>Buying a tool that's shit at many things instead of being good at one
>Writing like this

>le
>sometimes writing like this is the best way to drive the point home
>certainly greater than other ways

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Fat Lard
went to talk to a recruiter today (it went mehh but new opportunities arose after so ehh) and was by the Apple store mall. Mum needed some iPhone 6S usb thing so I went to get it, but guess what: friggin' got the male part of the usb cord when she needed the female part! Still have the receipt though (bookkeeping habits ftw), and no way in hell am I not storming back in there to get the $31 refund though

Use your brain next time. what's she need a male part for, she's getting plenty of those already
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
>sometimes writing like this is the best way to drive the point home
>certainly greater than other ways

> the key is brevity
> and sexual euphemisms
Quote by Skibolky
Quote by Fat Lard
>2016

Are you serious??

Man...right tool, right job.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen people try to do X with Y and ended up in the ER.

"What were you doing when this happened?"
Opening a can of paint using a butter knife & a rubber mallet.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
That commercial is super inaccurate.

None of the construction workers are chain smoking 2 packs, none of them have awful 90s tribal tattoos and none of them are parking in places they aren't supposed to park cause they don't give a shit cause they're dirtbags.

Not to mention the severe lack of drinking on the job near the end of the day and smoking some hash at lunch.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I went to Home Depot yesterday. It reinforced how clueless I am at DIY. I'll just pay someone to do it for me.
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by chrismendiola
I went to Home Depot yesterday. It reinforced how clueless I am at DIY. I'll just pay someone to do it for me.
just ask one of the employees. they're super knowledgeable.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
just ask one of the employees. they're super knowledgeable.

yeah, nothing funnier then a grump giving you an attitude like we're on the job site and I shouldn't be askin' questions. old men workin at the depot.
Quote by mattedbird
yeah, nothing funnier then a grump giving you an attitude like we're on the job site and I shouldn't be askin' questions. old men workin at the depot.
usually i get the exact opposite. they get all stupidly nice and try to be helpful even tho they know jack shit about shit.

im sure some of them do, but for the most part they behave like they work at any other retail store and try to give you a sales pitch.

a guy i knew who did plumbing and hvac would ask a simple question like "where can i find your pipe fittings, etc" and instead of simply pointing him in the right direction, they'd ask "well what are you trying to do?"
Quote by jakesmellspoo
usually i get the exact opposite. they get all stupidly nice and try to be helpful even tho they know jack shit about shit.

im sure some of them do, but for the most part they behave like they work at any other retail store and try to give you a sales pitch.

a guy i knew who did plumbing and hvac would ask a simple question like "where can i find your pipe fittings, etc" and instead of simply pointing him in the right direction, they'd ask "well what are you trying to do?"
I'm thinkin' they're all pretty good guys at most of them, we just have a few at depot and lowes around here that like to play like they know more when they know you're in building business . its slight entertainment
Last edited by mattedbird at Jul 7, 2016,
Quote by jakesmellspoo

I was looking for paint about a year ago at Lowe's, asked someone where to look, and got the "wut ya tryna do?" line. I told them I was trying to find the paint. Kind of confused him for a minute.
Quote by Skibolky
Quote by jakesmellspoo

yeah, this game
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
I was looking for paint about a year ago at Lowe's, asked someone where to look, and got the "wut ya tryna do?" line. I told them I was trying to find the paint.

lol
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
I was looking for paint about a year ago at Lowe's, asked someone where to look, and got the "wut ya tryna do?" line. I told them I was trying to find the paint. Kind of confused him for a minute.