I have a Sterling By Music Man JP100D, and I am having difficulties with the high E string being too close to the edge of the fretboard. It gets really annoying when I do pull offs to open, the string almost always slides off the fretboard. I can't do a good pull off to open, because it always slides off or slightly slides off. The problem is worse on frets 5-12.

I've been trying to convince myself that it's just my technique, but at this point, I don't think it's a valid argument. I own 2 other guitars (one having the same neck and nut width), and have played many other guitars before, and have never encountered this issue before.

I purchased this guitar around a year ago brand new, and it's been setup recently. I have attracted images below. Do you think it's an issue with the guitar, or are they just made like that?

Here is a picture of my other guitar, which doesn't have this problem.
Hi.
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I just found it. I have the same problem on my JP100D.
Did you change the nut? Did it help? Because I am not sure if it is the nut or the tremolo plate, which looks like it might be a bit off.