I wanted a John Mayer signature model strat with the big dippers so badly but could not find one for a long time. I dig his tone so much and love the scooped mids. So finally I found a loaded pick guard from a JM sig, since I was predominantly after the pickups in the guitar, and decided I'd build my own guitar with a similar sound. Then I found a JM sig model. I bought that, but still have a tortoise shell pick guard loaded with big dippers. What kind of guitar could I put together using it that sticks to that same sound but varies enough to make it worth building a new guitar that prvoides SOME variance in application, even if it's not something enormous? Assume money is (obviously at a certain point an issue but) not a huge issue.
Last edited by Littledipper at Jul 6, 2016,
Same electronics different guitar? Try getting a hardtail, I suppose, then you can do simultaneous bends.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I don't know what the question is. lol.

I don't see what is wrong with having two of the same guitar. lol.

different woods? different neck profile? as rooster said, hardtail?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Go for a hardtail.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Do you gig? If so drop the loaded pick guard into a used MIM strat and beat on it at shows.

Keep the signature model for safe use.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
Do you gig? If so drop the loaded pick guard into a used MIM strat and beat on it at shows.

Keep the signature model for safe use.
This.

Might also want to replace the nut and maybe also the tuners on the MIM. Since getting some guitars with locking tuners, I'm really starting to appreciate the utility factor.