Slow down
6 14%
what
11 26%
Voters: 42.
Page 1 of 3
Do you slow down or speed up?

Like your thoughts and your actions.

I slow down and become way more deliberate and collected.

Some people speed up and get loose.

Wbu
My God, it's full of stars!
My instinct is to be shouty and talk really fast and all of that. But I try to be stoic because I don't like people knowing i'm mad, and usually I succeed at it.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Kinda sorta split between the two. Thoughts go faster, but actions slow down until I've settled on what I want to do.

More detached, too.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
I lose the ability to turn thoughts into words so I just sit there and fume.
I rarely get mad, but when I do I feel like an out of control freight train that can't be stopped until it smashes into an immovable object.

it's not good, but I've only ever actually gotten mad at other people just a handful of times
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Jul 6, 2016,
Speed up, probably kick something nearby.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I say things I immediately regret and lose all capacity to control the tone of my voice

I also do that thing that I probably should have grown out of when I was 15 where you play the scenario over and over in your head to win the argument. It always sounds good at the time but then an hour later you think of it and it's super cringey
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I've not noticed any weird time issues with plain regular anger, but I've been enraged once. It was similar to the stories I've heard of the Norse berserkers. Everything I perceived shifted "yellow". All I wanted at that point was to kill the person antagonizing me, and you'd better believe I tried to make it happen on the spot. I used my wrestling skills (he was a lot bigger than I was and 26 years old to my 14) to get an advantageous position and I strangled him to unconsciousness. I didn't let up then either, I kept the chokehold on and was going to until he stopped breathing permanently. I vaguely remember his face turning purple. Fortunately someone came into the room before I killed him and yelled for help. A group of people pulled me off him and saved his life.

It was my brother I almost killed. 5 years later he died in a car accident. Try living with that. Also try living with the fact, not the inkling but the fact, that you have a killer inside yourself that can be released beyond your control.
Last edited by TobusRex at Jul 6, 2016,
My thoughts speed up but my actions don't. I become more deliberate and focused...I essentially vent to myself in my head how much of a worthless dipshit the asshole Im dealing with is. Sometimes Ill snap and say something and immediately regret it because it just crosses the line, I hate when I let people get to me like that.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Last edited by SFosterS at Jul 6, 2016,
I don't get angry to begin with because I'm not social. :')

Although I know dumb people can be frustrating.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jul 6, 2016,
Quote by TobusRex

It was my brother I almost killed. 5 years later he died in a car accident. Try living with that. Also try living with the fact, not the inkling but the fact, that you have a killer inside yourself that can be released beyond your control.

dam dude fuck man shit bro
depends on the situation, if it's my fault or if someone, something is just fucking with me for a long time.

like if i am extremely pissed off / furious at someone (which is quite rare, since i'm pretty levelheaded in most situations) my thoughts start racing, a million solutions to the problem come into play, and i just stumble over my words and sometimes just wanna hurt somebody

other times i just get kinda depressed and low at how fucked the situation is, and i just become content with what happened (this usually happens if it's purely my fault) i just get into a state of regret and slow the fuck down instead of directing my anger toward something or someone else
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Jul 7, 2016,
Quote by TobusRex
I've not noticed any weird time issues with plain regular anger, but I've been enraged once. It was similar to the stories I've heard of the Norse berserkers. Everything I perceived shifted "yellow". All I wanted at that point was to kill the person antagonizing me, and you'd better believe I tried to make it happen on the spot. I used my wrestling skills (he was a lot bigger than I was and 26 years old to my 14) to get an advantageous position and I strangled him to unconsciousness. I didn't let up then either, I kept the chokehold on and was going to until he stopped breathing permanently. I vaguely remember his face turning purple. Fortunately someone came into the room before I killed him and yelled for help. A group of people pulled me off him and saved his life.

I get this

My temper can get pretty fucking bad and when I'm shitty I get dangerous, usually to myself but I too have almost killed someone, thankfully I managed to not stab them with the knife and threw a chunk of brick at them instead and missed.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Depends on the situation really.
Like if I'm in work and something goes wrong, I'll stay calm and fix it, but if I'm at home in a bad mood and stub my toe on a chair, I'll kick the chair and then show it to the other chairs to give them something to think about.
I raise my voice just a tiny bit and talk with a little force like I'm saying things as fact. Idk if that makes sense. I start thinking twice as fast but I don't break shit or do any angry gestures.

I rarely get mad at all honestly, it's an effort I can't make.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Cardbored
I rarely get mad at all honestly, it's an effort I can't make.

That is because -- from what I take from your posts here -- that you are an inherent nihilist.
I do every last bit of housework I can find, all the while thinking of increasingly stupid situations where I'm being hard done by, before finally getting angry at myself for getting angry because I remember I don't matter
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by Fat Lard
That is because -- from what I take from your posts here -- that you are an inherent nihilist.

Nah. I can see why you'd think that though.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Last edited by Cardbored at Jul 7, 2016,
A red mist descends, I pass from conscious thought, and when reason and memory return, I stand knee deep in blood and mangled limbs.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
dammit im mad
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I speed up but become more deliberate and punctuated

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Depends on the situation really.
Like if I'm in work and something goes wrong, I'll stay calm and fix it, but if I'm at home in a bad mood and stub my toe on a chair, I'll kick the chair and then show it to the other chairs to give them something to think about.

I jammed my knee against a table yesterday and as I wanted to give it a good smack, my chair snuck up on me and jammed into my elbow.

All my furniture is grounded at the moment.
Nowadays I do what Harmony says, but I seldom get mad so

The more pertinent question is how do you behave during a hatefuck?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I just internalize and repress the anger so it consumes and destroys me at a later date.
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
depends.

sometimes i slow down.

other times i hold it in.

and rarely after holding in too much for too long i kinda blow up on people and let out a series of barely coherent nonsense lined with expletives.

when people witness it as a third party they usually love it tho and seemingly don't notice the fact that i'm making little to no sense.

like the time i lost it on my one boss in the middle of the store. i thought i was gonna get fired afterward, but i guess the scared chihuahua look on his face should have told me otherwise.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
i'm not prone to getting mad, but i get calm and collected when i do
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
despite how i come across on here, I don't really get mad.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by slapsymcdougal
A red mist descends, I pass from conscious thought, and when reason and memory return, I stand knee deep in blood and mangled limbs.

Slapsy you may want to consider some anger management therapy

It depends on what makes me mad and where I am, at work I speed up and bust out as much work as I can the same at home depending on what it is that pissed me off, it helps to burn the anger in a positive way and I eventually cool down again.

When I get into an argument with my wife I tend to slow down go to my jam room pick up a guitar or surf the net, keeps me from saying things in anger that I will regret after the fact.

I have a few friends that just smash and destroy stuff when they are mad one of them toppled three 55 gallon aquariums and killed 100s of dollars worth of fish, then he turned around and started replacing the tanks shortly thereafter I'm glad my anger doesn't manifest this way I'd probably end up doing a pete Townsend on some of my guitars
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jul 7, 2016,
The adrenaline gets pumping when im pissed so my thoughts are going a mile a second
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by StewieSwan
despite how i come across on here, I don't really get mad.

Ya I've never been angry in my life
it depends

in the long-term, it makes me very controlled and contemplative. if I'm angry, it's generally because someone has let me down in some way, and so I've lost trust in them. because I've lost trust in them, I have to reorient my relationship with them, and so I tend to be quite friendly... just more reserved about how I actually feel and what I decide to share.

in the short term, if I get angry enough to actually show it and I'm in front of people I feel comfortable around, I will be highly sarcastic and fairly rude. it's cute bc a lot of you have probably witnessed me acting like this on UG, but I am such a snuggleball irl that there are very very few people who I allow myself to be angry around. I will trust someone endlessly if they feel comfortable approaching/comforting me when I'm angry but rn I really only trust my husband to do that
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Can't remember the last time I was 'mad'

In fact, I'm not sure I ever have been, like.. properly. There's nothing in my life to be mad about and I guess I'm too laid back for that shit
Last edited by sam b at Jul 7, 2016,
It depends on who I'm dealing with. When at work or dealing with someone I care about, I try to calm myself and remain very deliberate. Sometimes I even start talking much quieter than normal, especially at work. But when it's just some asshat that's pissing me off, I get loud and my mind starts racing a bit. If I get really furious, I kinda lose control a bit, but this has only happened a few times in my life. I do my best not to let myself Hulk out on anybody.
Last edited by drdoom8793 at Jul 7, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Who?

Full Definition of i
plural i's or isplay play \ˈīz\
a : the 9th letter of the English alphabet
b : a graphic representation of this letter
c : a speech counterpart of orthographic i
Page 1 of 3