Poll: What problem will America sort out first?
Poll Options
View poll results: What problem will America sort out first?
Racism
3 23%
Gun violence
3 23%
Police brutality
7 54%
Voters: 13.
Page 1 of 3
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/falcon-heights-shooting-facebook-live-video-aftermath-st-paul-philando-castile-lavish-reynolds-a7124311.html

A 32-year-old Minnesota man has reportedly died after being shot by a police officer during an apparent traffic stop. The aftermath of the shooting was captured on Facebook Live.

Local CBS affiliate WCCO confirmed that the man shot by police was Philando Castile, according to his family. He died at the Hennepin County Medical Center.

St Anthony police confirmed that a man shot by one of their officers died at the hospital, but did not release his name.

The video, shot by the Mr Castile’s girlfriend, Lavish Reynolds, and posted to Facebook, shows the man bleeding in the driver’s seat in his vehicle as the officer continues to point his firearm. Ms Reynolds said in the video that they were pulled over in Falcon Heights, a suburb of St Paul, for a broken taillight. Ms Reynolds' Facebook account appeared to be deactivated at the time of writing.

Yep there's a video for this one. NSFW if you end up looking at it.

Two of these sort of incidents in as many days.
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Jul 7, 2016,
but guns make us safer. both these men were armed. dont you see how safe that made them?
Check out my band Disturbed
Shoutouts to people already jumping sides when the full story isn't even out yet
Quote by K'Nuckles
Standard.

She's very calm in the video though, seeing as her bf's bare dying in the back

definitely a false flag attack
Quote by K'Nuckles
Standard.

Probably thought the trigger-happy nervous as fuck cop would shoot her too, wouldn't have been surprised if he had
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by drdoom8793
Is there a none of the above option?
Apt avatar is apt
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by K'Nuckles
Standard.

Right?
My God, it's full of stars!
Well maybe cops should just shoot criminals rather arresting them. More cops should be like judge Dredd.
From what I hear, this guy was a stand up gentleman, with a concealed carry to boot. Its shockingly awful, and the cop that shot him is def going away for a long time.

I think this should be the one that BLM gets really behind. That other one the other day is a little muddy, since the guy was carrying illegally, resisting, and ended up being a scam bag with a long rap sheet. I really don't know why guys like that more than often end up being the martyr, and good guys like this recent one get lost in the shuffle. Hopefully not.
These problems stem from larger problems. Police brutality can be broken down into deeper problems like racial anger, problems at home, having a small dick, that one time back in middle school when you missed the winning goal and now you're pissed off every day of your life so you got a job as a cop to have abusable powers. You can't just solve these outer layer problems. They're unsolvable. Fun I mean gun control won't fix all the fucked up kids with nothing to lose that wanna go out with a bang and shoot up schools. No amount of gun control stops crazy from being crazy. But our citizens are too foolish to have the responsibility of guns. There would have to be a huge book of finely tuned gun laws to tell when it is ok to take a life. I can think of a million controversial scenarios in which guns and lives are on the line.
Quote by K'Nuckles
Standard.

Lotsa people have this weird ability sage-like to stay collected through the worst stuff.

This is awful.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
These problems stem from larger problems. Police brutality can be broken down into deeper problems like racial anger, problems at home, having a small dick, that one time back in middle school when you missed the winning goal and now you're pissed off every day of your life so you got a job as a cop to have abusable powers. You can't just solve these outer layer problems. They're unsolvable. Fun I mean gun control won't fix all the fucked up kids with nothing to lose that wanna go out with a bang and shoot up schools. No amount of gun control stops crazy from being crazy. But our citizens are too foolish to have the responsibility of guns. There would have to be a huge book of finely tuned gun laws to tell when it is ok to take a life. I can think of a million controversial scenarios in which guns and lives are on the line.
oh boy
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by bdof
From what I hear, this guy was a stand up gentleman, with a concealed carry to boot. Its shockingly awful, and the cop that shot him is def going away for a long time.

I think this should be the one that BLM gets really behind. That other one the other day is a little muddy, since the guy was carrying illegally, resisting, and ended up being a scam bag with a long rap sheet. I really don't know why guys like that more than often end up being the martyr, and good guys like this recent one get lost in the shuffle. Hopefully not.
People like the controversy. The less clear cut instances of problems with policing are always the big scandals, and I think it's because the public is conflicted as to what happened. When there is no controversy, we chalk it up to a one off bad apple cop. At least that's been the narrative in past.

But so anyway, this is near my home. I was on a run when it happened and heard and saw all the police, but didn't realize what was going on till much later after I got home. There's not really a lot of crime here, definitely not violence, and it's a fairly diverse (for the twin cities) middle class area. Falcon Heights is a weird few blocks that is technically it's own city and is basically a speed trap that they use as a means to raise funds. If you work that shift I can se why you would expect upset people since that's what you always see, but fuck, there's no excuse to be that jumpy. This cop's going to jail, I just can't envision how this could be justified in any scenario. Really tragic.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by Trowzaa
Probably thought the trigger-happy nervous as fuck cop would shoot her too, wouldn't have been surprised if he had

yeah.

she just watched her boyfriend get shot and the cop is yelling at her to keep her hands where they are the same way someone who's mind just snapped would yell at you.
god bless america
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I cant tell on my phone but is he pointing his gun at her while she's explaining what happened and while he screams like a crazy person? everything about this seems way over the top even compared to "normal". way too many people dying over this shit.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Lotsa people have this weird ability sage-like to stay collected through the worst stuff.

This is awful.
To put it in a wholly disrepectful way, it's like if you shat yourself and know that when you move, the shit is going to move in a catastrophically unpredictable way.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Last edited by slapsymcdougal at Jul 7, 2016,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
To put it in a wholly disrepectful way, it's like if you shat yourself and know that when you move, the shit is going to move in a catastrophically unpredictable way.

tbf, this describes a huge proportion of Americans right now when it comes to social and political issues
I'm generally a pretty solid supporter of law enforcement, but both of these incidents appear to me (based solely on the information available thus far) to be pretty clear-cut cases of murder.

This case in particular seems solid, and while the other one is marginally less so due to the circumstances, I can't see anything exonerating the officer(s) there either.

As I said, I tend to support law enforcement, but because of that I despise a bad cop with a level of passion that's difficult to describe!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by slipknot5678
I cant tell on my phone but is he pointing his gun at her while she's explaining what happened and while he screams like a crazy person? everything about this seems way over the top even compared to "normal". way too many people dying over this shit.

No he's pointing at the dying guy he already shot 3 (4?) times. Unconscious, bleeding out and moments from death people are most dangerous, I'll have you know
Quote by WaterGod
Well maybe cops should just shoot criminals rather arresting them. More cops should be like judge Dredd.

Hell man, if more cops were like Judge Dredd there would be FEWER people gunned down in the USA by cops!
Not gonna lie this is infuriating. It's crazy how calm and collected his girlfriend is, probably because she knows the spastic idiot cop will shoot her too.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Not gonna lie this is infuriating. It's crazy how calm and collected his girlfriend is, probably because she knows the spastic idiot cop will shoot her too.

she seemed less calm and collected later on
maybe it took a bit to really sink in ya know?
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by mattedbird
cop shot at protest

I saw some twitter newsy outlets that there've been multiple officers shot at a protest in Dallas.

If it's accurate, that's not going to help anything.

edit - That is, in addition to assaulting multiple people (cops or not) being idiotic and hateful, whatever political opportunity for reform that's opened up recently goes out the door the moment a counter-narrative like this emerges and gets sent across the public sphere.
Last edited by Aeolian Harmony at Jul 7, 2016,
I like Matt Oswalt's post. He doesn't target police in specific, but goes onto say that police are suffering from the demands of higher ups and this causes a trickle down effect. I found an article that echoes this idea from Winnipeg.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
in what way?

the bit where in a free democratic country a police officer shoots an unarmed black man for being black

gotta admit, it is pretty odd
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
the cops position at the car window, the blood stain, the girl and the cops behavior after the shooting.
Last edited by mattedbird at Jul 8, 2016,
Quote by mattedbird
something about this whole car shooting video seems odd.

The surrealism.
the calm nerves and the steady camera work from the girl and the cop still acting like he's trying to diffuse an escalating situation, along with not hearing a peep from the kid in the back seat are bothering me. we're talking about shots fired into this car at close range right?
Yeah it's almost like most people don't know how to act in those situations and be totally mentally fucked and perhaps have a breakdown and maybe not act like you would think
Quote by Dreadnought
Yeah it's almost like most people don't know how to act in those situations and be totally mentally fucked and perhaps have a breakdown and maybe not act like you would think

Television has taught us that the proper and automatic response to a crisis is to scream and panic, thus we are surprised when that doesn't always happen in the real world.

In my opinion, people who scream and freak out are among the most annoying and least useful people on the planet...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Page 1 of 3