I need a bit of assistance from you guys.

I had bought an Ampeg SVT4 Pro head and SVT810E along with a SKB case and a few other gadgets for pretty low (500$). The seller was very motivated to get rid of his old rig. Everything in the case is preserved pretty well, and the Cab has seen some scratches/road wear.

Now, I play both the 6 string guitar and bass guitar, but primarily it's been 6 string. I've kept this rig for 3-4 years now and really have only played it a few times. I have been looking at upgrading my current guitars, and have received a few trade inquiries.

So, with that all said, how sought out are the SVT4's? I see they still are sold "new/mint" pretty up there, but in my area there isn't as much action.

I received an offer for a PRS SE 22 Custom and a LTD F50 for the rig. To me that seems a bit short, but the PRS is intriguing. Im not entirely interested in the F50.

I'm asking you bass players normally because you guys have a level head. Should I keep a high standard for trading/selling my bass rig? Or should I be lowering my expectations?
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
I can only speak for the PRS.

I've had my SE custom 22 for almost 10 years, it's solid as fick. It has taken a considerable beating and the tone has only improved, softer and warmer but still with a banging attack. I swapped out the pups 5 years ago for higher gain Seymour Duncans cuz I'm into metal, but the stock features are still high quality.

I've seen/played the newer models and they don't seem to have cut any corners. What year was this guitar made?

Any seasoned player should be happy to have one of these standing by in their rig.

Anyways, solid instrument worth $500 + used depending on the condition. A guitar store won't buy it for nearly as much I'd wager they'd buy it for $350 for their resale shenanigans.

Are you in a band? It's always good to have lots of gear (a bass amp) it makes practice and gigs that much easier and convenient if multiple members have gear in different places. But of course, extra guitars make me giddy
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Panasonic3

I was in several bands, but that slowed down. I'm still working on getting a house, and I would love to have my two guitar rigs, bass rig all set up in a basement room for people to come jam. For that, I would love to keep the bass rig.

From the pictures, the PRS looks pretty good, but we all know with pictures. The party interested hasn't really been giving any information back via text. I've had better luck via e-mail, but they are slow with that.

On the other hand, I have a Jackson KingV which I adopted from a friend. It needs a lot of work, and I've upgraded my Oscar Schmidt (es 335 copy) but that's about it. So, my guitars are a bit on the low end which isn't bad, but I'd like to upgrade them for sure.
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
for what it's worth, you can use a bass amp for guitars but not vice versa. in fact, i prefer the tone of a guitar through a bass amp, but that's just me
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Hail

Yeah. I've tried it out, but I prefer the rockerverb.
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
As a bassist, I'd be inclined to keep that rig. If I was a bassist coming over to jam, I'd be pretty stoked.

However, as a musician, I certainly understand the trade temptation on something going unused. I traded an unused JamHub for a tube head a couple of months ago and am thrilled with the trade. In that respect, I'd ask for both guitars and $200, sell the LTD, and end up with the PRS at a bargain.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
deeptubes

Thanks for the reply. I would love to keep it as the bassist in me really likes the amp. Being a bassist is on the back burner and has been for a pretty long time.

I'll ask if he can include the cash, and if he can't I'll keep it for now and wait for more offers.
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
as good as the SE line is they're still budget guitars and that f50 is starter pack material.

how the hell did you get an SVT4 stack AND EXTRAS for 500 dollars? no way that'd go for a penny less than 1k most places.
cqwood223

Like I said, I was very lucky and knew the guy. He needed to the money. I wasn't going to tell tell him otherwise.

Well, the guy got back to me and asked if I wanted a ESP MII instead. I'm a bit more interested, but I'm going to play it out a bit more.
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Last edited by randomhero65 at Jul 11, 2016,
Quote by Hail
for what it's worth, you can use a bass amp for guitars but not vice versa. in fact, i prefer the tone of a guitar through a bass amp, but that's just me

I just tried that on my Ampeg BA-108- you're right tone is really nice Just curios, is there any chance that you could damage the bass amp at all using a guitar? I haven't yet tried using any of my distortion boxes, or playing it loud... Can the high notes damage the speaker? Sorry to be off-topic...
Hi everybody!
I hope I don't bother any of you, just wanted to share this:
Check it out and feel free to express your opinions. all help appreciated.

[Edited by moderator] Don't post adverts in threads please.