Metal Forum Internet Relay Chat (IRC) ((General Metal Forum Hangout))

Page 1 of 2
I was bouncing around the idea of inviting the UG metal forum to an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel that is already registered with freenode. I know we have used mumu player and sometimes facebook to chat (we had that ridiculous UG chat with meebo for a little while and it fell through). Facebook can be a hassle because of having to add a friend just to chat with them and at times people from your daily life will conflict with your UG virtual life and so on and so forth (for some people this isn't the case... but I am just putting that out there). Mumu player is a really awesome idea but only a few people can get on at a time and mumu is extremely glitchy. Facebook groups (as well as Google+ groups) are ok but... as I said before the interface is annoying.

I suggest an alternative way to chat so that you can keep your UG name and stay anonymous if you prefer and we can all get on the same channel at once without any drawbacks. The main reason I prefer IRC chat is because of the lightweight and simple design along with giving everyone a chance to get on there without some initial conditions.

UPDATE:
The new server to connect to for VoidNet is voidnet.max-p.me

Here is our site: http://voidnet.max-p.me
If you are having trouble connecting or don't have a client installed etc.. just use the Web Client

Who's Who:
voidead = rg_metal
decrepit = kirkisking
kytokinesis = kytokinesis
Svibrager = Emenius Sleepus
Jon* = severed-metal
Motor = Metal_Head1
MHD = MHDrunk

Just to name a few.. I'll update this list accordingly

SeveredEDIT:

The #chat room isn't the one where we all congregate, just ask voidead in the #chat room where to go. Thanks!

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
I just wanted to make a new thread since the other one has magically disappeared. We have a few features which make it easier to join such as the web client.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal

u forgot the KSE guy. i think his username was 'iamagay' or something
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
ah yeah lol

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

I heard Dusk on death.fm earlier, are they any good? walk with me talk with me baby

#chat

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

I'd like to discuss the possibility of a UG metal forum internet radio. There are several internet radios out there but they usually suck as whoever runs the radio has terrible taste in music.

Of course, we can talk about other things like thegonia777 posting her ratchet ass in the offtopic thread or why kyto likes Dokken and Cinderella.

#chat

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

I'm actually curious what you guys think about Brexit. Europeans always talk condescendingly about how shitty American politics are but the UK has made one of the worst decisions in political history.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

I automatically like anything anti-globalist and have always hated the EU and wanted it to collapse. Sure, things may get tough in the short term but I disagree that it will be bad for us in the long term (I am English-born and citizen btw)

Typically I stay quiet on politics in the irc cos most of the guys in there seem to be on the other side of the spectrum :p

I should add that the behaviour of nearly all politicians in the immediate aftermath of brexit has been pathetic. Though it fits fine with my existing view of politicians, the inclinations and nature of people who go into politics, etc. Still don't think that can really be used as an anti-leave argument
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Last edited by MHDrunk at Jul 23, 2016,
Fair enough, politics is lame anyways. What most people should realize is that no matter what country you live in the politicians are horrible.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Hans-Hermann Hoppe who is a philosopher and an economist of the Austrian school of economists (free markets til death, basically) came up with the best descriptions of politicians. Saying that while in a free market economy, competition in goods results in the best possible product, the political system in all Western democracies is the exact inverse - a competition in bads. The very worst of the worst beat out all others and become the most successful

Michael Moore is kind of an asshole but this article makes some really good points, also quite relevant to the discussion.

http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

is chat down?

down again?

The chat seems to be running smoothly. The server admin just rebooted the server after some much needed updates.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

For those of you who are still unfamiliar with IRC, most of the information can be found in the first post of this thread.

A few updates:

I've registered #metal for everyone joining from UG who only want to talk about metal and nothing else. Of course almost everyone sticks around #chat so you are welcome to join there too of course.

For people who don't have an irc client and just want to access irc via their internet browser, they can do so using the webclient. There is a link to the webclient on the website.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Had a few assholes pop in so we've changed a few things around. Everyone is still welcome to come in but just be aware there is a lurker in there who needs their ass handed to them.

voidnet

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

So you guys just pop in and say "hey" and then literally 30 seconds later you leave, don't join if you can't wait for people to respond you morons.

For those of you who stay for at least 2 minutes we are quite active so come enjoy the discussion.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Oh yeah btw im on a camping trip which is why i havent been on lately. Usually i am on quite a lot. Everyone in there is friendly and many of the guys like a variety of metal so dont be shy

and we got the best bot in here too:

+Anna
voidead: btw, the faggot dogs will also love dead congregation and necros christos who are in English all the leaves and sticks and he ended up sterilizing portions of the girls and it makes a difference while doing that over at my own DNS servers

Yeah get in here you lurking freaks, so we can ridicule your obsession with Between the Buried and Me.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Alright lets discuss how awesome Carcass is.. get in here you lurking assholes.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by MHDrunk

+Anna
voidead: btw, the faggot dogs will also love dead congregation and necros christos who are in English all the leaves and sticks and he ended up sterilizing portions of the girls and it makes a difference while doing that over at my own DNS servers

Holy fuck Anna
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

@Kytokinesis thanks

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by severed-metal
Anna is a fucking savage. No remorse.

Yeah man she has been saying some insane shit for months.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

I saw a few guys pop up in #chat: nxll, anfractu0us, nls

Welcome to the irc chat. I'd like to know your usernames so I can put you guys on the list here.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

man this bot is savage as fuck:

MHD  |  black metal with proper riffs
voidead  |  I still think my favorite song title is:
     •   |  voidead is listening to Archgoat [The Apocalyptic Triumphator] - Nuns, Cunts & Darkness
  +Anna  |  The vocals are hit or miss
    MHD  |  hahaha
voidead  |  LOL
voidead  |  fuck off Anna

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Last edited by rg_metal at Oct 28, 2016,
Anyone have a Halloween playlist that doesn't involve Helloween?

Discuss

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Been binging a little on Alice Cooper lately... he will no doubt dominate the playlist tomorrow night

seems like its down??

Working fine here.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

There is a new website we would like to introduce UGers to, however, we won't mention the site here. I recommend everyone to check it out.

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Get in here whores

lets talk about the releases you enjoyed the most in 2016 (a continuation of what Severed posted)

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Just an update, we still have chat working and people can use the webclient if they don't have a irc client installed on their system.

https://voidnet.max-p.me

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

The webclient is up if anyone wants to join from there:

http://voidnet.max-p.me/irc/

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

I see you nutjobs lurking in the channel, get in here

#voidnet

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

And you come in for like 30 seconds and leave, typical. Why can't you guys stay in there for at least an hour so people can get back to you?

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Page 1 of 2