Pics first

This guitar in particular is a very clean example 1998 JS1000WH. The white models are far more rare than the black ones (which are everywhere), so finding one in a) decent condition and b) not ridiculously priced has been proving difficult. NO LONGER! Came with the professional deluxe locking case as well, so Im quite pleased with the purchase.

and my quasi "review" as per rules https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1257936

The JS1000 has been around for a long time, and has a solid reputation, but if you aren't familiar with it, its one I feel everyone should try. It's an interesting blend of many types of guitars, and it can pull off quite a huge amount of sounds. This particular one comes with PAF Pro and Fred pickups, which are tasty in their own right. With the coil tapping and high pass filters, you can cover many styles and genres with a single guitar. The Lo Pro is one of my favorite bridges of all time, and is, in my opinion, the 2nd best floyd rose that exists (licensed or otherwise). Its very stable and performs very well. It has the benefit of being flush with the body, so its extremely comfortable. I DO prefer the original edge, but this is really a close second over all. From country to metal, this truly can do it all with ease. The neck is an absolute joy, and is more on par with a fender neck, than the razor thin wizards ibanez are typically compared with.

If you can find one of these in white, jump on it! The black pearl ones are quite common, and are reaching ridiculously low prices, so if you dont care about colors so much, those are equally good.
Last edited by bob493 at Jul 8, 2016,
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My 2006 JS1000 wasn't that great of a guitar. It felt well finished, but it couldn't hold the tune with the floating bridge..
My friend had a JS1000 I was in the market for an Ibanez because I didn't have one at the time he was going to sell it to me and let me try it out for a week. I passed I'm not a fan of the small bodies of the S series Ibanez guitars I have played quite a few and just get a feel for them. I ended up buying a neck XPT700 with a set of Da-activators to satisfy my Ibanez craving.

Any way HNGD
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge