Hey,

I recently changed my strings to 11s and my intonation is messed up.

I don't think it needs a truss rod adjustment?

I'm trying to figure out how to adjust intonation on the guitar but I can't figure it out. The bridge looks like this - http://c1.zzounds.com/media/fit,2018by3200/quality,85/BLACKJACKSLSC-1STBB-ABRIDGECLOSEHIGHRES-480c3f07f7ded2dca410de6cb42b7ddd.jpg

I don't know what to adjust and how to even get a screwdriver or alan key in those tight spaces.

Sorry if this is a super dumb question...

Cheers!
The truss rod may need adjusting, depending on what you used before these 11s. If the neck is straight and the only issue is intonation then don't bother.

To adjust the intonation you need to loosen the string, and get a screwdriver/allen key in there.
If the 12th fret harmonic is SHARPER than the open string, the saddle needs to be moved AWAY from the head.
If the 12th fret harmonic is FLATTER than the open string, the saddle needs to be moved TOWARDS the head.ead this for more info: http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Your-Guitar%27s-Intonation

EDIT: When you make adjustments to the saddles, make sure you detune the string first. Don't adjust the saddle with a tight string.
Last edited by Random3 at Jul 9, 2016,
Random3

Cheers for the reply.

It was 10s before that came with the guitar. I think the neck is straight :/

How loose do I make the string? All the intonation videos I've seen; No one loosens the string so I don't really have an idea?

Cheers!
Personally I loosen the string basically all the way without actually taking it off. The reason you need to do this is because if you loosen the bridge saddle when there is tension in the string, the bridge will snap forward towards the head as the string is pulling it in this direction. You won't be able to pull the bridge back to where you want it to be if the strings are tight.

Going from 10s to 11s shouldn't make much difference if any. What tuning are you in?
Random3

Okay. I've seen in intonation videos people doing harmonics. Don't know if this is a dumb question but how do I do a harmonic on a super loose string?

I use various tunings depdning on what I'm play. Mostly drop C though.

Cheers again!
You don't. You need to loosen the string to adjust the saddle, then bring it back up to pitch to check the tuning and intonation. If it's still off, repeat. Yeah, it's tedious, but that's the way to do it. And if you do it right, once you get it set up, you won't have to do it again for a very long time, unless you change string gauges and tunings constantly.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
If you are chopping and changing between drop C and E standard for example then I wouldn't bother changing intonation because if you get it intonated correctly for drop C it will then be off for E standard. Unless you are setting up a guitar for one particular tuning, I wouldn't bother with intonating unless you want to spend 5-10 minutes on it every time you change.