Hello I am doing research as a part of the development of music software for Virtual Reality devices. If you play any musical instrument, your participation will be very appreciated. The questionnaire takes less than 5 minutes to complete.
Thank you

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8SHZ25L
Done, good luck with it
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Very interesting concepts. The thing is, using VR to create music would need to transcend the whole "VR gimmick" and actually be 100% useable and have genuine advantages to using more traditional methods. Until that happens I personally wouldn't be interested but I would love to see if/how it develops.
I dont see it. You need some sort of physical feedback to play precisely in time and in tune. Maybe it could be used to manipulate the waveform for synths or whatever, or control effects and parameters for real instruments, eg. you play a guitar but can manipulate the effects in vr. But seeing as playing most instruments requires both hands, i cant see it going further than a gimick, until we get some sort of force feedback for vr.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
You could actually do some pretty cool stuff with the HTC Vive. Various positions of your arms could play certain notes or chords, basically like a VR Ableton Push. Damn I'm stoked for VR
Quote by Ssargentslayer
You could actually do some pretty cool stuff with the HTC Vive. Various positions of your arms could play certain notes or chords, basically like a VR Ableton Push. Damn I'm stoked for VR
Or like a full-body manipulable theremin.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I'd be interested in a Augmented Reality or full VR DAW for editing. While it has gotten easier - I still find myself trying to recall shortcut keys or having to access online help to recall lesser-used functions. Being able to look down at a pedal board on the floor to interface with pedal settings, or pseudo-physically manipulate track sequencing would be awesome if done with Apple-esque simplicity in design.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Imagine what you could do if you combine mocap dots and helicopter dick.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'