Page 1 of 20
Hey guys. The other thread isn't able to me used. MHD had the lost post and in my grief of not being able to see what he posted, I'm just going to make a new thread. Here is a pretty cool album cover:

and we also have an IRC channel which if you want to shoot the shit with some folks, here it is:

http://voidnet.max-p.me/irc/

it's a web browser thing, so it doesn't take much to join in and talk about dumb stuff

so what are you guys up to and how are you guys doing today?
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 14, 2016,
severed-metal awesome man thanks.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
The last thing I said was "I always got on well with Conservationist haha"

I am on track to finish all 9 seasons of Peep Show in 4 days
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
-I was first
-no problem rick, felt there was something needed for people who want an alternative
-peep show is class, mark is my favourite character on the series because he's so close to David Mitchell in real life. The level of spasticity is delightful!
And so UG is born again. Life is empty without all of the wonderful clickety music links UG has shown me.

Something to look forward to I guess is that I might get to go backstage with Carcass in a few weeks because one of my good friends is their drum tech right now.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I hope Killswitch Engage does a blackened slam album.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Maybe they are alternative metal. Alternative slam most likely.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It's true. Expectations are also low so you can never be disappointed.
Any of you assholes want to join me in Hawaii early August?

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal

I never really minded any of the ANUS guys since a lot of them I just ignored outside of NFA, but a few times I was irritated with them for sure. If I remember correctly, most of you guys went after NFA/Dylar far harder than Conservationist.

I think NFA grew on me over time, but then he left. He did say some neat stuff about axioms in mathematics which I still think about to this day. I guess by that virtue, NFA was the best.

EDIT: Going back through some of the threads, Stranglehold is no longer modded, and the ANUS gang were hilarious:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443069&page=1&per-page=40

I definitely see how I personally changed over the years by looking back through old posts. I've grown very tired mostly. I liked my immaturity and flamboyancy, although I would reckon many did not. I just don't have the strength to be that way anymore, and who I am now feels diluted.
Last edited by severed-metal at Jul 11, 2016,
I choose to forget my old posting habits.

I always found Conservationist the worst, but I don't even remember Dylar beyond the Nietzche profile pic.

I usually liked NFA's counter arguments when discussing bands, whether or not I agreed with him.
That was my thing, I remember having a discussion about a french black metal band with him that I liked and he didnt, as well as positing Neurosis to him. He didn't agree with me, but it was a fun discussion and exchange. Slowly, lots of other posters began to converse that way and it was great to both be a part of and witness. Like I said in the other thread, I could care less if you guys don't agree with me, I'm more interested in the why's of the matter.

I need to remember that french band now. It was classical mixed with black metal.

Progedit : Pensees Nocturnes or something like that
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Last edited by progbass at Jul 11, 2016,
Pensees Nocturne had a really complete album with Grotesque. It's like they said "yes of course let's make a french black metal album as if it were designed in an opera house" and pulled it off without a hitch. Love the atmosphere of the album. vacuum was really good too though.

Apparently they came out with a new album which I'll get around to listening to sometime today likely:

reminds me of the days where we all jerked off to LA RUMEUR DES CHAÎNES and they basically fucked off for good after that release.
Yeah, it was PN. I enjoyed Vacuum and I actually just listened to La Rumear yesterday for nostalgia.

Keth was fantastic. Theory buff that showed me a dissertation on Gordian Knot. Miss him.
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by progbass
It was classical mixed with black metal.

ha
Omg that thread. Just read through it. Now I remembered all the whinging all the regs used to do too. That was an awesome thread and some great idea exchanges took place. I want more of that.

Progenit : no seriously. Listen to Vacuum. He straight up cuts out the black metal and plays Chopin.
HESSIAN HAREM
Last edited by progbass at Jul 11, 2016,
That analysis post is rad. I remember Keth in the classical music thread but not much else. Seems like he knew his shit though, I wouldn't mind more of that.
I don't think I jumped on the wagon of hating what Keth was doing. Definitely the ANUS guys, but most of the time I just didn't say much in that regard. Didn't feel it was worth the time. I thought he was the one usually discussing things with nosferatuzodd, but who knows.

I do like that the forum can enjoy a mix of the beer drinking side of metal, and the more analytical side. I'm more interested in the former, but reading about the ways metal can be done is interesting too.

also noticed we don't have any mods, although! I remember someone asking about this and theguitarist said there's something going on in the mod forum as to who is going to be modding where.
I wonder who they would make mod
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

I don't even know what to say about that thread
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Last edited by Kytokinesis at Jul 11, 2016,
My posts sums up the most important point.
Counterpoint in Incantation. I don't think I've ever heard someone claim that before, damn. Golgotha, Nazarene, and Conquest are all fucking rad albums, but not because of goddamn counterpoint.
I haven't played Mighty No 9, and I likely won't. I did buy the Megaman collection for 10 dollars, and I instantly regretted that. I forgot how fucking needlessly difficult the older games were.
I almost finished that song I was working on. I just need to get a couple of friends to do vocals and then I can master it and be done with it forever.
Quote by severed-metal
I haven't played Mighty No 9, and I likely won't. I did buy the Megaman collection for 10 dollars, and I instantly regretted that. I forgot how fucking needlessly difficult the older games were.
pleb. I beat the first two.

It was fucking hard, but I did it. Did you watch calebhart do his speed runs in sgdq16?
HESSIAN HAREM
I got stuck on the yellow devil and just gave up. that boss is so reaction heavy, which might make it proper challenging. It's a great game though (the first one), I can appreciate it without beating it haha

Megaman x3 I think? Yeah it was killer. Calebhart is really cool, strangely enough I always thought he was a mario speedrunner since I've seen so many gifs of him raging at mario 64 haha.

What was your favourite run of SGDQ?
SGDQ was great this year. A few highlights for me. The blindfolded run of SotN, that dude who played Momodora with one hand. The Jak and Daxter run was hilarious. Tonic's run of Megaman Zero 2 was cool. I started playing Zero 2 on an emulator after I watched that run and it's definitely up there in terms of difficulty. That's all I can remember off the top of my head right now.

I have been thinking about picking up the legacy collection. Megaman 2 is pretty killer. But I already have the collection for PS2 with 1-8 and like 3 arcade games.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Last edited by Kytokinesis at Jul 12, 2016,

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

I actually didn't watch any of it live because I was so damn busy, I'm catching the videos now. The elder scrolls block was cool, and the super metroid race was surprising. I thought oates had it.

I watched the RE2 run , which was entertaining due to the runner (let's a go). And the final fantasy adventure one cause I played that growing up. I intend to watch the mega man and castlevanias as usual, and I think I'll watch the pokemon race as well
HESSIAN HAREM